8. Tea party

You sat quietly- Almost too quietly, in Jack's opinion. Daniel looked over at you and then back at Jack who was staring right at him. Daniel, being himself, was startled by Jack's glare and choked on his tea. Your head shot up and so did Rosetta's as he coughed and hit his chest. 

" Excuse me! " He said, politely- though he was trying so hard to not cough his lungs out, walking out of the room.

You glanced at Jack who was staring in his, now empty, teacup. " So, who is he, Rosetta?"

" He's just a...friend...of mine. "

" A friend that's hitting on my girl? "

You and Rosetta gave lopsided smiles and Jack dropped his teacup realizing what he said. It was true though, he considered you as his own. Not caring if you felt the same. Though that does sound selfish, and it is selfish, it was the sweetest thing he could do for a person. Not cutting them open and hanging their insides like party decorations, but rather caring for them. 

" I'm back! Apologies for my absence, the tea was a bit...hot. "

"...Okay...That's okay..."

You blew your tea from his comment, not really thinking twice about how he choked- and just believed him. From how long you were sitting there your tea was cold, so blowing was already useless. Daniel smiled by the way you blew you tea, a little too harsh since some flew out. Jack went back at it. Glaring at Daniel- if glares could kill, Daniel would be dead and then immediately die in his afterlife. If we truly got an afterlife, that is. 

" Honey, I think your tea is cool..." Daniel said, already testing his luck.

Jack's cone of a nose scrunched up and he slammed his hand down on the table. Which startled everyone, even the sleeping dolls. Seeing how frightened you were he calmly sat down and Rosetta pat your head softly. 

" Jack, we need to speak outside. Now. " 

Rosetta said in a motherly tone, placing her tea on the table. Not giving Jack a chance to speak she got up and walked outside. Jack groaned and got up, walking outside. 

Daniel looked over to you and you looked back at him.

" Rosetta is scary, isn't she? "

" I guess, she can be really sweet though..."

" Ah, I wish I could see her like that. "

" She used to be really scary..."

" I bet...You seem so soft and cute. "

You blush and smile from his comment. 

" Thank you... "

He nodded and poured himself some tea, sipping it slowly. 

" So is that your boyfriend...? "

" Ah! Jack? No...I don't think so at least. " 

You sat back and thought about it...No- he had to ask to be your boyfriend...and he never did, but he sure did act like he was. 

" No, I don't think he is. "

Daniel raised his eyebrows and smiled- almost a creepy smile. You couldn't put your finger on it, but the smile was so unsettling. You just laughed it off and sipped your cold tea. 

" Are you with someone, Danny? "

He looked up from his tea and wheezed. Putting down his tea, he got up. You weren't too sure if he was a doll or a human. It was almost hard to tell. The unsettling aura he brought, but the soft skin. That surely wasn't porcelain...but it was just so-

Cold. Something cold touched your jaw. You were immediately snapped out of your thoughts as you looked up. It was Daniel- exactly what you were thinking...he was so cold. He had placed one of his fingers on your jaw and slowly rubbed your jaw. 

" You surely are a pretty doll...if I say so myself. "

Those words made your eyes widened. ' If I do say so myself. ' That's always what your father said when he believed no one agreed. You were too confused to say anything. Where were Rosetta and Jack- why were they taking so long. 

" You look like him too... " You mumbled.

He raised one eyebrow and scrunched his nose. 

" Who...? "

" Dad. "

Daniel went silent. His finger left your jaw and he slowly put down his hand. You couldn't read his expression. Did he even know who you were talking about? Surely did seem like it after he broke down into tears.

You were almost startled by the sudden change of actions. First he was so polite, then flirty, and now just so sad?

What a tea party this was.

------

honestly, i wanna do a new years special because of my absence- but like I'll do it after new years so i can spend time with my family. 

Also i was writing Rosemary this whole time instead of Rosetta and I had to go back, so if there's any wild Rosemary's- it was accidental.