12. Bookshelves

Jack nodded furiously and rolled his eyes for the sixteen hundredth time.

"I'm not joking, I've never even met your dad!"

Rosetta huffed and crossed her arms, turning around. She wasn't believing any part of this. You, on the other hand, just stood there thinking maybe your father was still alive. Daniel listened to the arguement rage on and tapped his foot, thinking of a plan.

"Maybe, we should check for ourselves."

Daniel said with a sly smile, though inside he wanted to curl up into a ball and cry. You nodded in agreement and got up quickly.

"Yeah, maybe it was just a random man!"

Rosetta whipped her head back and glared knives, not even daggers anymore, at you and Daniel.

"You're both idiotic, especially you Daniel. You saw what I saw, I won't even dare to step out this room again!" She yelled at the top of her lungs.

You were suprised, you'd never seen her this angry about something- Daniel seemed the same way as his expression showed it. Jack stood there still not looking at Rose and staring at the wall. Rosetta groaned in fustration and walked to another room in the basement. You and Daniel winced at the sound of the door slamming.

"Maybe we should just go alone..."

He mumbled looking at you and Jack, who was looking at Daniel rather than the wall. Jack slowly got up and walked over to Daniel, his eyes had a much softer look and for once he wasn't glaring at the poor boy.

"First tell us what you saw and why in the world is Rosetta so riled up..."

Daniel glanced away from Jack and smiled awkwardly,

"Ok, about that... there was this thing, heh, don't know what it was... it was greyish and tan? It looked gross that's all. "

Jack looked at you and you were giving the most confused smile he's ever seen.

"So like a human?" you questioned,

"No like a dog?"

"Did you just question yourself?" Jack asked Daniel.

Daniel looked down and nodded,

"Look I'm not sure, all I know is that it was gross looking and I never want to see it again."

You and Jack nodded slowly and thoughtfully.

"So where did you see it?"

"Infront of the library!" he stated with a smile.

Jack chuckled loudly and thought back on the man,

"Maybe that wasn't your dad after all."

You nodded,

"He still was 1/3 of the bookshelf though..."

Daniel sighed and smiled, he clapped his hands together and closed his eyes.

"Maybe we should go and check it out~"

He said in a sing-song voice.

You and Jack hesistantly nodded and smiled.

420.