6. The carnival

" Rose- " 

You whispered. She whipped her head over to you. She mumbled something and tilted her head.

" Hm ? "

" I said, what ? "

" Oh, I was just making sure you weren't staring into space. "

She nods and continues to walk. You and Rose had been following jack for the past forty minutes. He hadn't noticed either of you yet. You dug into your pocket and took out a piece of candy. Rose looked over at you and smiled softly. You looked up at her while stuffing your face in candy. She giggled and looked forward.

A few minutes later you Jack stopped. You and Rose stopped also. Rose grabs your hand and leads you behind a tree quietly- then Jack looks back. " Maybe I'm just being paranoid... "

You sigh and lean on the tree, then he looks forward and continues to walk. You both begin to follow him once more. Rose huffs and her perfect posture is ruined by boredom. " Is he just taking a nic- " She stops immediately once she sees a large tent.

" Oh gosh- " Rose said slapping her face- literally not even a facepalm from how hard she did it.

Jack walks into a large red and white tent. You and Rose look at each other. 

" Into the unkn- " You were going to say until you heard a child scream and then Jack yells something back.

Both of you look very concerned. " I want to go home... " You say quietly. 

"That would be smart. "

" Y-Yeah... "

" So yeah- We never heard tha- "

" What're you doing here ? "

" Oh, nous sommes morts... " Rose whisper yelled. 

" Jack ! We were worried about you so we came to check on you ? "

"By following me ?" 

" Pfft following you ? " You said your voice shaking by the slightest. 

" You stepped on a twig twice and Rose kept sighing in boredom ! "

" My apologies Mr. Clown ! Walking in the woods for what seems like five hours isn't the greatest ! " Rose snarled back.

" Well, then you should've stayed home with your edgy self ! "

" Says the one who comes here to listen to the screams of children and wears black and white. At least I have somewhat of a life ! "

You shrunk and little and cleared your throat. 

" At least I don't get jealous over my friend finding a new one ! Maybe you should learn how to be likable ! "