3- Ricky

Ayana

After English I walked to my 2nd hour which of course was Ricky's as well AP European History. He decided to walk with me since we're going to the same place. He was so tall and he smelled so good so it made ignoring him even harder. He drew a lot of attention to us because he was so good looking which I didn't like since I'm low key about everything.

"It's okay Ayana you don't have to be shy, let them look." He spoke noticing my discomfort.

"Sorry." I spoke looking up at him, he smiled down at me and we kept walking. The school was so big that it took pretty much all of the passing time for us to get there. As we walked he asked simple questions about me, I answered. Honestly all I could think about was all the attention we were drawing, him more than me. I kept things nonchalant and kept moving though. We got to class and I took my seat as he talked to the teacher who of course put him next to me.

"Miss. Jones what is your opinion on the way people treated the sick during the black death?" Mrs. Wilson spoke to me throwing me off because I didn't raise my hand.

"Me?" I asked confused.

"Yeah. Stand up and tell us." She spoke to me, I stoop up thinking what to say. I looked over Ricky who was looking up at me

"My opinion is tha-" I spoke softly.

"Speak up." She spoke.

"My opinion on it is that it was wrong because it's something they couldn't control so for them to pill up the bodies of sick people was inhuman to me." I spoke.

"I disagree with that because what if everyone was getting sick it's better to have them in one space so it doesn't keep spreading. I think it was smart because it help keep it controlled in a way." This know it all named Haley spoke.

"So if you were sick you'd want to pilled up instead of having a proper burial? Or your mom was sick hell say your dog was sick. It was inhuman but you have your opinion and I have mines." I spoke sitting down and drawing a little attention because I never speak or tell someone off like that. I think it may have something to do with Ricky though honestly.

"Thank you Ayana, I agree with you." Mrs. Wilson spoke to me. The rest of class was pretty normal and went by fast. I had every class with Ricky and he sat by me, I think he's saying something to those teachers honestly but it's fine he's pretty cool. I had lunch with him of course so I said he could sit Lexy, Greg, and I along with Lexy's friend Jasmine and Greg's friends Dre and France. We walked to the lunchroom and everyone was already sitting because our last class was all the way across the school so I was always late. We made our way to the table and they all looked up at us confused as hell.

"Hey guys this is my friend Ricky, he's new." I spoke to them and they all waved.

"This is Jasmine, Greg, Dre, France, and Lexy." I spoke pointing at all of them.

"I'm her best friend." Lexy spoke with an attitude.

"My bad Lexy and Greg are my best friends." I spoke correcting myself.

"Who are you to Ayana mans?" France spoke to him.

"I'm just  feeling baby girl right now." Ricky spoke.

"She's not your baby girl my man." Greg looking at his phone.

"Is this your girl or something?" Ricky asked confused.

"No I am not. Greg stop!" I spoke sternly.

"Anyways when were you gonna tell me you fought that girl?" Lexy asked me.

"That was  you Yanna?! I heard you really got in that girls ass. What was her name thought?" Dre asked.

"Yeah that was me, her name was Tasha."

"Ayana I told you about fighting didn't I?" Greg asked me which kind of pissed me off. He's usally not like this it might be Ricky.

"She was talking about my mom what else was I suppose to do?" I asked him and before he could reply  Ricky stepped in.

"You really did your thing I give you props for that." Ricky spoke to me causing Greg to kind of lose his shit.

"You shouldn't be encouraging that my mans. She's got to much going for herself for her to be fighting but you wouldn't know that since you're fresh on the block and shit." Greg spoke looking directly at Ricky.

"Did I do something wrong? I don't know you from the next nigga so I don't understand why you're coming at me disrespectful." Ricky spoke causing everyone's jaw to drop. Greg isn't someone to mess with. Physically, mentally, socially Greg could destroy you because everyone knows him or wants to be him.

"So Yana how'd you d on your Spanish test?" Lexy asked trying to switch the subject.

"It was pretty eas-" I said going along with it until Greg interrupted me.

"Who are you talking to because obviously you don't know who the fuck I am partna!" Greg's southern accent came out and I knew he was pissed off. Greg was born in a very small town in Louisiana, he was raised there till 7th grade when he moved to LA. Moral of the story is Greg doesn't really have an accent unless he's pissed or really hurt so this is all bad.

"Okay we'll just leave okay? Greg calm down." I spoke getting up grabbing Ricky's hand. I could tell Ricky wanted to say something but he just let it go and went with me. I heard them trying to calm Greg down as we walked away. "You okay?" I asked Ricky he nodded but kept silent. We went to my favorite spot at the school which was the piano room, we had another five minutes before lunch was done.

"What is up with you and him?" He asked me.

"We've always been close and he feels like he needs to protect me from everything." I responded.

"So he's your guard dog?"

"No not at all. More of like a big brother I guess." I spoke.

"Some brother sister relationship." He spoke sarcastically, I just kept quiet because I felt like I was being judged. "I didn't mean it like that Ayana." He spoke coming closer but I kept quiet. "Sing me something?" He asked.

"Now?" I asked.

"Yeah."

"Um okay..." I picked up the guitar that was near me and started playing 'Keep Ya Head Up' by Tupac. I played the song and by the end Ricky was staring at me hard.

"Your voice is amazing." He spoke. "It's just as beautiful as you." I started blushing.

"Thank you." I smiled looking down.

"Ayana you're a unique girl. I don't exactly know how yet but I'll figure it out." He spoke then the bell rang. We went threw the rest together expect for the last two hours which were the only classes we didn't have together. We met up in the parking lot after school to say our goodbyes which was only a hug. Greg and I made up that night and I stayed the night at his house which wasn't a big deal.

The next day I went back to my regular routine but this time with Ricky. There were no arguments but maybe five girls made a pass at him and three insulted me while doing so. He treated each one who did so in the process. He's pretty chill so maybe I'll give this a real chance.

Ricky and Ayana's song cover in the multi media.

Comment, share, like.