18- Losing Hope

Eric

I was laying in a hospital bed thanking the Lord for another chance at life. I highly doubt Ayana would show up or wants to hear from me but I was thanking the Lord for her also. She's my princess and the reason I wake up every morning I just lost track of that. I know I don't pay enough attention. It may seem as if my love for her has faded since her mom but I'm human and I didn't know how to deal.

"Where's my dad?" I heard Ayana before I saw her. "I'm not gonna ask again where's my dad!" She asked almost screaming.

"He's in there ma'am." The nurse spoke from near the door.

"Daddy!" She ran towards me with tears in her eyes. I could tell she rushed here because she still had on pajamas, with boots, a coat, and a purse thrown on. "Daddy are you okay? Who did this? How did this happen!" She spoke in a panic.

"I'm fine I just need surgery. I'm not a hundred percent sure who did this but F.B.I. is taking care of it. I can't go into details because it's under investigation and also federal. All I can say is it was gang related." I spoke to her grabbing her hand.

"Daddy I'm so sorry! Just forgive me!" She spoke sobbing into my chest. I stroked her hair, she's the only thing in this world that I live and breath for.

"I forgive you baby girl. You forgive me?" I asked, my actions were wrong! I'm a grown ass man and she's my child. This situation escalated also.

"Of course I do! I love you so much! I was being disrespectful, I deserved what you gave me." She spoke trailing off.

"Ayana stop! I should have never did what I did. You know violence isn't something I idolize anymore." I spoke to her. I had a rough dark past. "Lets just forget what happened okay?" I asked her.

"Yeah of course anything for you." She spoke to me hugging me. She held me so tight and as much as I loved it, it started to hurt.

"I love you babygirl. But I'm feeling weak right now and you need to sleep." I spoke to her. I looked to the doorframe to see Greg standing there watching everything unfold.

"Okay daddy. We're gonna sleep on the couch over there for tonight." She spoke referring to the couch in the room. As much as I wanted to reject so she could get a good sleep in an actual bed I didn't.

"Okay babygirl." I spoke to her.

"We're gonna go get blankets and a few snacks. Do you want anything?" She asked me.

"Just bring me those cookies I love." She knew what I meant.

"Okay dad!" She hugged me and walked out the room.

"Thanks for taking care of my baby girl Greg." I spoke to him.

"Of course Mr. E." He spoke smiling as he followed Ayana out.

I looked over at the clock and it was nearing in 3 am. I waited for what felt like forever but my eyes got heavy. I closed them and let sleep take over.

Ricky

Why is everything dark? I can't feel anything and I'm cold. Wait am I dead? No I wouldn't be talking to myself if I was right? Shit I'm so confused what is going on?

"Baby wake up." This isn't Ayana right? It doesn't sound like her. I felt a wet ass kiss on my lips and who every gave it to me their breath was on ten hundred. "Baby wake up." I opened my eyes to see none other than Lisa's ass.

"What the fuck Lisa!" I spoke in a raspy mad voice. I looked around to see where exactly I was and to my surprise I was at home.

"I was just seeing my man damn is that wrong?" She asked.