Chapter 4: Hooks and Beasts

Ben was sitting at his desk finishing his morning paperwork when he heard a knock at the door. "Come in." He called. The door opened and Mal walked in smiling. "Good morning Ben." She said sweetly as she walked over and placed a kiss on his cheek. "How's the paperwork coming?" "It's coming along fine. There's just a lot of it." Ben sighed gesturing to the stack of papers on his desk.
     "Well, maybe when you're finished we could go have breakfast together. Evie is busy helping the new VK's get settled in and I've missed our morning dates." Ben chuckled as he kissed the top of Mal's hand. "Alright, breakfast it is. Just let me finish this last bit of paperwork." Mal grinned as she pumped fist in the air in celebration. "Yes! Also, thank you so much for bringing Dizzy over. You have no idea how much it means to Evie to have her here."
      Ben smiled as he placed the last of his paperwork in the completed pile. "Of course. That whole ordeal on the Isle reminded me of the main purpose of my proclamation, to give the new generation a chance to live here in Auradon. As long as things continue to run smoothly, I intend on bringing new students over at the beginning of each new semester." Mal smiled as she grabbed her purse from the desk. "That's wonderful Ben. Now can we please go get some breakfast?"
       The two were just about to leave Ben's office when Lumiere came in. "King Benjamin I apologize for the interruption, but a guard just dropped off this letter. He said he was asked to deliver it to you by a pirate on the Isle of the Lost and that you should read it before making any type of decision." Mal looked at him with wide eyes at the mention of the word pirate. "Ben, I don't like this. There's only one group of pirates I know that would try to contact you and we both know they aren't be trusted."
Ben sighed as he took Mal's hands in his. "Mal, I know you are trying to look out for me, but would it really hurt to just read the letter before jumping to conclusions?"            Mal let out a frustrated huff before sighing. "Fine, but I'm telling you this is a big waste of time." Ben gave his thanks to Lumiere before taking the letter and sitting at his desk. Mal pulled up a chair beside him and they both began to read.
King Ben,

I know you have no reason to trust me, but as much as I hate to admit it, I need your help. Uma is pregnant, about 2 months along. If our parents find out our lives as well as the baby's life is in danger. We need to get off the Isle before it becomes noticeable. I will do anything to protect Uma and our child. If you truly believe in second chances, then let's meet.
                               -Harry Hook
     The office was silent as they took the time to process what they had just read. However, just has Ben opened his mouth to speak, Mal jumped up out of her chair and began to rant. "I can't believe this! They're trying to weasel their way into Auradon by claiming she's pregnant!? As if. Ben you seriously don't believe any of this, do you? Ben?" Mal looked over to see Ben still staring at the letter in deep thought. She sighed as she placed a hand on his shoulder. "Ben, just trash the letter and let's go. Harry Hook can't be trusted."
"But what if he's telling the truth Mal? If what he said is true, then it is my job as king to help." Mal looked at Ben in disbelief as her anger rose. "He kidnapped you Ben! Harry tied you up and held you over the plank while Uma threatened to kill you! You can't trust them!" Ben sighed as he came over and pulled Mal into a hug. "I know you're trying to protect me, but I need to investigate this further. It won't hurt to at least invite him here to talk."
       Mal grumbled as she pulled away from Ben. "Fine, but if you're going to bring him here at least keep him restrained." Ben looked at her with wide eyes. "Mal, I really think that's unnecessary. We're just going to talk." "I don't care Ben! He already took you once! I can't lose you again! You have my blessing to bring him here. All I'm asking is that you take precaution." Ben sighed as he took Mal's hand and intertwined his fingers with hers. "Thank you. And if it makes you feel better I'll have the guards handcuff him before they bring him over this evening okay?" Mal nodded as she placed her hand on her rumbling stomach. "Can we please get breakfast now?" He chuckled as he opened the office door for her to exit. "Of course."
🌟
       Harry grinned as he walked into Uma's room with the fish sandwiches he got from the Chip Shop. Uma was sprawled across her bed in a tank top and shorts writing furiously in her journal. "Whacha doin' love?" Uma sighed as she shut her journal. "Just writing down what's going on in my head right now that's all."
       He nodded as he walked over and handed her one of the sandwiches before taking a seat beside her. "So what is going on in that pretty head of yers?" Uma fiddled with the napkin around her sandwich as she thought of what to say. "Do you think will be a good mom?" She asked placing a hand on her stomach.
        Harry reached over and placed his own hand on Uma's stomach. "I know ye will be a great mum. Ye take care of everyone on this ship. Heck, ye practically raised Gil and I." Uma laughed as she leaned on Harry's chest. "I didn't raise you. I just kept you both fed and from getting killed on the streets." Harry sighed as he rested his head on hers. "Yeah, ye did. Besides, who was the one who let me crawl in their window at night when I had night terrors and ran their fingers through my hair until I fell asleep? Who patched Gill and I up when our dad's came home drunk and took their frustrations out on us? Ye did Uma, and that's why ye will be a great mum, because ye care."
        Uma smiled as she looked up at Harry. "Thanks. I don't get it though. How can you be so calm about this? We'll be parents soon after we turn 17. Doesn't that scare you?" Harry placed a gentle kiss on Uma's temple before standing up. I'll be right back." She watched as he left the room and a few moments later he returned with a small notebook.
"What's this?" Uma asked taking the notebook from his hands as he sat down. "Its my journal from when I was a younger lad. I want ye to read page three." She carefully opened the book and turned to page three. A smile formed on Uma's face and tears pricked at the corners of her eyes as she read.
The Top 5 Things I Will Do When I'm Older:
1. Get Uma to fall in love with me
2. Become a great pirate
3. Get of the isle
4. Get me own ship
5. Become a better dad than me own