Chapter 10: Hooked and Having

Uma sat at her vanity and stared at her reflection in the mirror. Evie had been by earlier and had applied her makeup while Dizzy styled her hair. She wore teal eyeshadow with a nude lipstick and her hair was styled and it's normal braids with the top half twisted in a bun while the rest was left down. She had to admit they done a good job. However, it wasn't her appearance or the dance that made her nervous. It was the envelope on the vanity in front of her.

          She and Harry had recently gone in for her 6-month checkup. While they were there the doctor asked if they wanted to know the gender of the baby. Harry immediately said yes while Uma had been unsure. After arguing for 10 minutes the doctor had shushed them and handed her the envelope. "If you decide to know the gender you may open it. If not, discard it." The doctor had said before escorting them out.

           Uma sighed as she stared at the envelope. It wasn't that she didn't want to know the gender of her baby, she was just afraid of what learning the gender would mean. The ultrasounds made being pregnant real enough. Learning the gender would solidify who the tiny person was inside her and she wasn't sure she was ready to know. However, she talked with Mal and they decided to do the gender reveal at the dance. That way, she would have the support of all her friends when she found out.

          Uma placed the envelope in her purse just as she heard a knock at the door. She opened it to find Harry in a dashing red suit on the other side.

"Wow

"Wow. You clean up nice." She complimented. "Thank ye. Ye look as stunning as always love." He said taking her hand and kissing it. Uma just rolled her eyes. "Yes, because being cranky, 6 months pregnant, and having swollen ankles is so attractive." She said sarcastically.

          Harry chuckled. "Ye'll always be beautiful to me." He extended his arm for her to take and she obliged. "Alright, let's go Casanova." She teased. He only smiled as he let her from the room. Tonight was a big night.
🌟
         Ruby smiled as she put the finishing touches on Quinn's hair. "Perfect." She smiled. Ruby had curled Quinn's hair so that it fell in ringlets. Then, to add some sparkle, she had put one of her hair clips in Quinn's hair. The hair clip sported a red poinsettia with a gold center and sparkling green leaves that complimented her dress. Quinn smiled as she admired her appearance. "Thank you Ruby." She signed. "Anytime." Ruby smiled as a knock was heard at the door.

         Quinn answered and she blushed when she saw Gil in his brown suit.