Chapter 5: Goodbyes and Promises

Harry sighed in relief as the guards help him out of the limo and removed the handcuffs from his wrists. "See you tomorrow lads." He called to the guards as he walked away. Harry sauntered along the docks until he came to the Lost Revenge. All was quiet as he boarded the ship. He wasn't surprised, his mates were probably sleeping or causing trouble around the Isle. Harry made his way to Uma's quarters and smiled softly when he saw her sleeping peacefully. He closed the door gently, hung his coat on the hook, and began making his way towards her.
     However, Harry was stopped short when a loud snore broke through the silence. Knowing that the sound came from behind him and not from Uma, he whirled around. Harry chuckled quietly when he saw Gil propped up in a chair in the corner fast asleep. It seemed Gil had taken his orders seriously when he said to take care of Uma. Shaking his head, Harry went to the closet and and pulled out a spare blanket, which he then gently draped over Gil's sleeping form.
     If he asked who covered him up Harry would deny it, but in his heart he cared for Gil like a brother. Harry quietly made his way back to bed, climbing in beside Uma. He pressed a gentle kiss to her temple as he whispered "Good night Uma." Then, he leaned down to Uma's stomach and placed a kiss on it as well. "Good night, Little Hook." He whispered as he wrapped his arms around Uma, and let himself drift off to sleep.
🌟   
     Uma awoke to the sound of heavy boots stomping up and down the pier. As she became more coherent, she tensed at the realization that someone's arms were wrapped around her. Unsure of who it was, Uma grabbed the dagger under her pillow before slowly turning around. She let out a sigh of relief when she saw it was Harry and released the death grip she had on her dagger.
     Uma smiled as she ran her fingers through Harry's hair, grateful that he had returned safely. Feeling the gentle movement through his hair, Harry opened his eyes and smiled when he saw Uma staring back at him. "Good morning." He whispered, leaning over and packing her cheek. "Morning." Uma yawned as she fell back onto her pillow. "So how did the meeting with Beastie Boy though?" Harry grinned as he intertwined his fingers with hers, "Perfect. We leave for Bor-a-don at 10 a.m., Gil too."
     "What?!" Uma screeched as she jumped out of bed and ran towards her closet. "What? Huh? Uma what's wrong?" Gil asked as he he gathered himself from being awoken from her yelling. Uma looked between Gil and Harry before continuing to dig through her closet. "What's wrong? I'll tell you what's wrong, Harry just informed me that we are leaving for auradon at 10am. Which means we only have an hour to pack and inform the crew!" She exclaimed gesturing towards the clock.
    As Uma's words sunk in, Harry's eyes widened. "Crap! I'm such a codfish. You know I stink at telling time." She sighed. "It's alright Harry, just hurry and pack your things. Gil, you're coming with us so you need to pack as well. Once you're finished, gather the crew and meet Harry and I on deck by 9:40. Got it?" Gil nodded before running from the room with Harry right behind him who was heading to his own quarters to pack.
🌟
      Whispers filled the deck of the Lost Revenge as the crew waited for Uma to arrive. They had all been told by Gil to meet them at the ship for an emergency meeting. Footsteps echoed across the deck and voices went silent as the crew watched their Captain, First Mate, and Second Mate walk towards them with their luggage.
      Uma released shaky breath as she sat down her suitcase. It was time to fill in her crew on what was to come. "Alright crew, listen up. I know you are all probably wondering why we have our bags packed. Well, the bottom line is that in 20 minutes the three of us are leaving for Auradon." The eyes of everyone on board widened at the news. "What do you mean the three of you!? We're a crew! What about the rest of us!?", yelled Jonas. The rest of the crew nodded in agreement as they waited for Uma's response.
     "Things have changed," she began. "This isn't about revenge or taking over, this is about protecting something more important." Desiree step forward to face Uma. "We're your crew! We're a family! What could possibly more be be more important than us captain!? Or should I even call you that anymore?" She's spat. "Yeah! How can you just turn your back on us!?" Gonzo yelled, drawing his sword. "Come on, what excuse could you possibly have!?" Bonnie seethed.
     The rest of the crew began to surround Uma, Harry, and Gil as they lashed out. Uma clench her fists as the crew's shouts grew louder in her ears. They drew closer as the volume of their shouts continued to rise. Unable to take it any longer Uma screamed, "I'm pregnant!"
     The crew went silent as they processed what their Captain had just told them. "Pregnant!?" They chorused, staring at her in disbelief. "Yes, pregnant." Uma sighed. "If my mom or Harry's dad finds out we as well as the baby could be in danger. We've decided the best thing we can do is get off the Isle. I promise that I'll make sure you get your chance too and we'll all be together again. Try to understand."
     There was no response as the crew stared at Uma. She was about to speak again when Jonas interrupted. "Wait, so Harry is the father?" He asked. Uma nodded as Jonas burst into laughter. "Hook hooked the sea witch!" He hollered as the rest of the crew broke out into laughter and cheers. Some of the crew began to toss coins at Jonas as they laughed, leaving Uma, Harry, and Gil utterly confused.
     "What in Satan's name is goin' on?" Harry hollered. Desiree did her best to stifle her laughter as she responded, "Jonas bet several of the crew $20 that you two would do it before we got off the Isle. He just won the bet." Harry and Uma blushed as they stared at each other. Uma then took a deep breath knowing she needed to get her crew back under control.
     "Alright, that's enough!" Uma hollered over the crew. "We have other things I need to discuss with you all before we depart." The crew got themselves under control and waited to see what else Uma had to say. "Since Harry, Gill, and I will be leaving, the crew will need some new leadership until we can be reunited. Desiree, you will be captain and Jonas will be your First Mate. Gonzo, you are Second Mate and Bonnie, keep this place organized like always." Uma turned towards the remainder of her crew, as for the rest of you, I expect you to give them the same respect you would me. Is that understood?" "Yes Captain!" They chorused.
     "Thank badness." She said, relieved to have gotten her orders across. "So what now?" Desiree asked. "Are we still going to take over Auradon?" Uma sighed as she locked eyes with Desiree. "No. Right now, Auradon is the safest place for the baby. The plan was always to release the villain kids, not the villains themselves. If Ben is true to his word, a take over might not be necessary. I promise I will work from Auradon to get every innocent person off this island." Desiree placed a hand on her shoulder. "I know you will Captain, and good luck raising three kids," she said guesturing towards Harry who had a protesting Gil and a headlock, and was proceeding to give him a noogie.
     Uma started to yell at the boys to break it up when a car horn interrupted her. She turned to see the limo at the end of the dock and the Royal Guards waiting. "Boys, let's go!" Uma hollered as she grabbed her suitcase. The boys grab their bags and followed her to the limo. Uma allowed them to get in first before turning back to face her crew. They were all leaning over the side of the Lost Revenge watching them go. She felt an ache in her heart as the realization that she was leaving them behind hit home. Uma turned back and gave them one final salute which her crew returned. Knowing she had left them in capable hands, she got in the limo and prepared herself for what was to come once they arrived in Auradon.

OMG guys over 200 views thank you so much! I never would have thought this story would get this far! Here is another part and I hope you enjoyed it. I am starting school this week so updates will be slower but I will publish as often as I can. I hope this story keeps you Hooked!

                            -Meloetta246