Chapter 16: The Big Sleep Part II: Saviors and Sacrifices

Audrey looked around the room, an evil grin forming on her lips when she saw Chad. "Oh Chad," she cooed. "Come here my prince." He took a hesitant step forward, keeping his eyes on her scepter. "Y-Yes A-A-Audrey?" She grinned as she waved her scepter, using its magic to immobilize him. Slowly, Audrey circled Chad as she spoke.

"Chad, Chad, Chad. Through everything that's happened you've stood by my side. You showed me loyal to usually only reserved for yourself. For that, I spared you from slumber. However, I'm going to use that loyalty to my advantage. She placed her scepter in front of Chad's face, causing his eyes to turn green. My loyal servant, you shall lead my army. I give you the power to awaken and control whomever you choose from their slumber. Protect my castle and await further commands. I sense the curse did not affect all our enemies." She lowered her scepter and released Chad from its hold. Ben watched in horror as he dropped to one knee and bowed his head. "Your wish is my command, my queen."
🌟
Outside the castle gates, the group reviewed their plan once more. "Does everyone understand the plan?" Mal asked. Her friends nodded in response. "We've got it Mal, don't worry. I'll make sure our attack goes smoothly, while yer dealing with Audrey." Harry assured her. "Just promise me Uma and our child will be safe." She placed a hand on his shoulder. "I won't let anything happen to them Harry, you have my word." Mal turned to look at her friends who were risking everything to fight alongside her. "Be safe all of you."

With those words, Mal was engulfed in a purple smoke. Within seconds she transformed into her dragon form. Gus and Tony helped the girls onto her back as Harry got the team into position. With one final nod Mal took to the sky as the others burst through the gate. "For Auradon!"

As they charged through the gates, guards began storming out of the castle. "They've been spelled! Be careful everyone!" Jay yelled, blocking an oncoming attack. Metal clashed against metal as the battle pursued. Evie and Carlos tossed smoke bombs to confuse the guards as the team made their way inside.

Harry blocked one attack after the other as he fought off the guards. "Is that the best ye got!?" He laughed as he knocked away the guard's sword. However, he was so busy taunting the guards in front of him, he didn't notice the sneak attack coming from behind. "Harry! Behind you!" Ryan shouted, blocking an attack. Harry whirled around just in time to see a sword headed straight for him. He started to raise his sword to block the attack when a blur of red moved in front of him.

Harry stared in disbelief as a masked figure in red blocked the attack, protecting him. "Go!" The figure yelled at him. "Help your friends, I've got this one." Harry shook himself out of his stupor and jumped back into the fight. The mystery person could wait, they had a battle to win.

Meanwhile, Gil held his dual swords as he fought off two guards. No matter how hard he struck they kept coming back at him. Suddenly, Gil's foot got caught on a nearby rug, causing him to stumble. One of the spelled guards knocked away his swords as the other aimed to kill. Gil braced himself for the impact, but it never came. Instead, he heard a loud grunt, followed by a thud.

He opened his eyes and was shocked to see Tony holding back the guard. However, his heart dropped when he saw Gus on the floor. "Gus!" Gil cried out, scrambling over to his brother. "I'm alright, I'm alright." He hissed as Gil flipped him over. "No you're not." Gil said, applying pressure to the gash. "Why did you risk your life for mine?"

Gus chuckled at his question. "Love requires sacrifice. I'm your big brother. I never tried to protect you in the past and I wasn't making that mistake again." Gil sat in disbelief as as his brother's word sunken. He was about to reply when Ruby appeared beside him. "Gil, go help the others. I'll take care of Gus." He was about to protest when Tony grabbed his arm. "Come on little brother. He'll be okay." Gil took one last look at Gus before nodding and running to join the others.