Chapter 14: Songs and Secrets

Uma groaned as she tossed another shirt back into her closet. She was eight and a half months now and most of her clothes no longer fit. All she wanted to do was go get the blueberry pancakes she woke up craving but she couldn't find anything to wear. Uma grabbed a pair of scissors and was about to start altering one of her tops when someone knocked on the door.

She swung open the door and found Harry on the other side. "Ye alright, love?" He asked, noticing her agitated state. "No." She whined, bursting into tears. "My shirts don't fit." Harry chuckled and pulled her into a hug. "Calm down Uma, I can solve that easily." She pulled away giving him a skeptical look. "How?" Harry grinned as he shrugged off his R.O.A.R. jacket and pulled off his shirt. "Just wear mine."

Uma took the the shirt gratefully. "Thanks Harry, but now what will you wear?" He grabbed his jacket and put it on making sure it was buttoned up all the way. "This." He smirked. Uma laughed. "You're a mess Hook, but you're my mess." She grabbed his arm and pulled him down the hall. "Now let's get those pancakes."
🌟

Evie and Dizzy hung the last of the decorations up in the Castle Gardens. "It's perfect!" Dizzy squealed, admiring their work. "Uma is going to love it!" Evie smiled. "I hope so, planning a baby shower is hard work." Dizzy peeked out the gate, then turned around with a smile. "Well, we're just in time, our guests are here."
🌟

Harry pulled Uma through the castle halls, and excited smile on his face. "Where are you taking me?" Uma asked, doing her best to keep up. He pulled her around the corner and stopped in front of a set of double doors. "Ready?" Uma sighed. "Ready as I'll ever be, considering I have no idea what's going on." Harry chuckled and swung open the doors. "Surprise!"

Uma stared in disbelief at the room full of people. "Harry, what is all this?" He smiled as he took her hand in his. "Well, in Auradon they call it a baby shower. It's a party that congratulates the expectant mother and celebrates that a new baby will be coming into the world. Sometimes the mother even receives gifts to help prepare for the new arrival." She stared at him with wide eyes. "And you did all this for me?" Harry brought her hand to his lips, kissing it gently. "Of course I did. I love ye and our daughter. Though, I had a little help." Uma turned to where he was looking and flashed Evie and Dizzy a grateful smile. "Well then, what are we waiting for? Let's get this party started."
🌟

Chatter and laughter filled the room as Uma opened her gifts. So far she had received several sets of baby clothes, diapers, wipes, toys, and other accessories such as pacifiers and teething rings. She reached over and plucked the final gift from the table. Examining it, she realized there was no tag. She started to ask who the gift was from when a voice cut her off.

"That one's from my grandpa." She looked up and saw Melody and Michael had come to stand in front of her. "Really?" Uma asked in surprise. "Yeah, King Triton is really a great person." Michael smiled, having recently visited Atlantica to thank the king for saving him. "Since my mother united the humans and mermaids, my grandpa has learned to give others a chance." Melody added. "Open it."

Uma tore open the paper to reveal a plain box. Opening it, she found a scroll and two smaller boxes inside. Uma untied the scroll and began to read, her eyes getting wider with each word. "Melody, is this what I think it is?" She asked in disbelief. Melody nodded. "Grandpa's given you, Harry, and the baby full citizenship in Atlantica. Our home is now your home and you can visit whenever you like."

Uma smiled as she got up and pulled her into a hug. "Thank you, this is amazing. There's just one problem though, Harry is human." Melody chuckled. "We thought of that. Harry, open that little red box please." Everyone watched as Harry picked up the box and opened it. He reached inside and pulled out a necklace with a hook-shaped pendant. "A necklace? This is charming lass, but how does it help me get to Atlantica?"