16 ~ нε нαs тσ

Finn's POV

"Come back when you can!" Sophia smiled waving at Jaeden and Wyatt. They nodded and walked away. They were leaving Canada, so all of us got there to say goodbye.

All of us, except Jack.

"They were fun!" she giggled tapping my shoulder.

"Yeah yeah" I said looking down.

"Are you okay?" Millie asked grabbing my chin to see my face.

"Yeah, why wouldn't I?" I said cracking a smile.

She nodded and went to grab Noah's hand.

"We're going home. I got a lot of things to do" she waved as Noah rolled his eyes.

"Just a question. Are you two together?" Sadie asked with a smirk.

"What! No! Of course not! We are just best friends!" Millie laughed as she tightened her hand on Noah's and they started heading home.

"See you guys later" Caleb said as he left.

"Hey, wanna come over?" Sophia asked but I declined as fast as I could. I just wasn't in the mood.

Sadie accepted though, so they waved at me as I was standing alone on the street.

The sky was cloudy and it was cold. I didn't want to go home, not when there was something missing. I sat on a bench looking at my feet.

What if he is not okay? What if he misses me? What if he doesn't? What if his mother will never let him see me? What if I'll never see him again? What if-

My thoughts were interrupted by two feet standing in front of me.

I looked up, seeing a tall man with a huge mustache and a pair of glasses trying to hide his frown. His lips were chapped and his grey hair was pushed under a thick hat.

"What are you doing here, kid?" he asked with a mean tone.

"Nothing" I said as I got up to leave.

"Are you waiting for someone?" he asked again.

"Not really" I looked down.

"I waited my whole life for this 'someone' to come back but it never did" he said sitting on the bench.

I looked at him and recognized the pain he's been through. He patted the bench, making me sit down next to him.

"You know, you should forget about him. It's not like it's gonna come back and apologize."

"But it's m-" I got interrupted by his raspy voice.

"I saw you standing alone in your group of friends. And when they left, you just stood there waiting for someone to come to you. And I know exactly who are you waiting for." he said letting out a little laugh.

I widened my eyes at his words. I slowly tried getting up but his huge hand pushed my wrist down so I sat down.

"Did you stalk me?" I asked with a frown.

"Oh no, I am not like that, kid. I just saw you a lot with that boy, Jack." he answered with a confident look.

I jumped a little when I heard the name. A wave of memories smashed against my head making my eyes watery.

He slowly pat my shoulder laughing.

"He's not going to come back" he said as I got up and started walking back home, hearing his laugh in my back. I kept walking and walking until I got home.

I unlocked the front door and opened it. I was home alone because my parents were at work and Nick went over to one of his friends. We got a day off because it was randomly snowing a lot. Winter was about to come.

I plugged my earphones in my phone to listen to some music. Music always calmed me, it made me feel better. I put the earphones in my ears and laid on my back on my bed. I slowly closed my eyes turning the volume a little bit too high.

Songs were playing after songs until I fell asleep.

It was a sunny day. The sun was playing with the clouds, giving them different shapes.

"Hey, that one looks like a heart!" Jack pointed to one of the clouds.

"Yeah, it does!" I smiled giving him a kiss on the cheek.

"Come on, Finn. Let's run over to that tree" he pointed to a tree now, "The last one is a loser!" he giggled getting up from the soft grass.

"3, 2, 1, GO!" he yelled letting his legs get the best of him.

I started running too, but not as fast. And not because I was slow, no, because I wanted to let him win. Everything happened in slow motion, his brown curls jumping and dancing. His perfectly painted freckles were letting his soft cheeks show a bright pink color as he said, "Faster, loser!" followed by a couple of giggles.

When he finally got to the tree, he yelled in amusement, "I WON!"

"Good job, I guess I am the loser" I laughed.

"You are my loser, Finn" he said giving me a kiss. Butterflies were flying around us, making Jack smile through the kiss. "I love you" I whispered.

"I love you too, Finn. More than you think. Never fucking forget that" he smiled.

I got up feeling a dry tear on my cheek. I wanted Jack so bad right now. He was always there to brighten up my day, even on my darkest days. He was always there to make me feel like I was in a fairytale because nothing could be more perfect than he was.

I took out my earphones and put them away. I got up and looked at one of the pictures of me and Jack from my phone. Then I looked at my left wrist, still bandaged. There were some dried blood stains on the bandage, but I couldn't care less.

There was a knock on my door. It finally opened and there was Nick standing in front of my room.

"Hey I got home.." he spoke.

"Holy crap! How long have I slept?" I asked with confusion in my voice.

"I don't know, it's 4 pm. And by the way, if you need something... Well, just tell me." he said as he was about to go.

"Nick... Come here" I said looking down.

When he was in front of me I grabbed him like it was the last time I was going to see him. I hugged him like I never did. "I'm sorry" I whispered in his ear and hugged him tightly. "I'm really sorry".

"It's okay, Finn. You didn't do anything." he grabbed my head and put it on his chest. I was a sobbing mess, so he just told me that Jack was gonna come back.

"Are you sure?" I said looking up at him.

"Yeah, I swear" he smiled and let go of me. "I am going to eat something, don't show me that look all day" he laughed and walked away.

He is going to come back. I am going to wait. I am going to count every single minute until he comes back. He has to. He needs to come back.