Chapter 12

"Last chance... Last chance..." The voice was whispering in her ear as she ducked a punch from Jake.

"No!" She yelled as a kick landed in her gut and she fell to the floor, rolling and returning the blow. "I choose my own chances! Back OFF!" She jumped into a roundhouse kick which sent Jake rolling to the floor, his head a swirl of pain, his vision a sea of red. "Don't mess with me Jake. You're no match for me like you used to be. Where the hell is Samantha."

"Take a hint, alright! She's dead." He moaned, rolling over into a sitting position.

"If there's one thing I've learnt in the past few years, Jake, is how to tell if someone I love is dead. Samantha is not dead. You're lying to me, and I want to know why-" The unconscious man from behind her had woken up and kicked her in the back. She stumbled forward into Jake, who punched her face. "Damn it!" She spun and kicked the other man in the chest, forcing him back to the floor. "Get up Jake, and tell your goons to stay out of it - the one that is conscious, that is.."

Slowly, Jake stood up and faced Natalie, both a mess and bleeding, but heads held high. "I hate you. You ruined everything." Jake snarled, his eyes a glare.

"Oh, how sweet. And just 20 minutes ago I thought you were going to say 'I love you Natalie. Please forgive me, dear little sister'. I'm not falling for your stupid tricks and lies anymore, Jake, and I'm here to make sure no one else ever will." With that, the two siblings landed blow after blow on each other, Natalie avoiding and placing the most, although she received her fair share of them too. At last, a figure grabbed Jake through the door and forced him to the ground, both siblings panting. The Renegades had arrived.

"You okay, Nat?" Blacklight asked, his team of men and women waiting in the doorway. She nodded as Jake was forced to his knees, his hands tied behind his back and one of the men tied up the man next to him, who was still unconscious. Behind Natalie she didn't notice the man who was no longer unconscious rise into a crouch, her knife clasped in his hand and reach up to strike her.
"Natalie watch out!" One of the younger members of the Renegade group yelled, dashing forward. She spun around to see behind her when a searing pain made its way through her foot. The knife still embedded, she fell to the floor, screaming, as the others apprehended the man. Blacklight left Jake to two of the other Renegades and rushed to Natalie's side, holding her upright as she huddled over her foot.

"You're gonna be okay." He reassured her, letting her pass out into his arms, her blood lining the floor. He glared at Jake. "What the hell did you do?" He shrugged and grinned crazily.

Sorry it's really short, I just didn't really want to add anything else to this chapter.