Chapter 29 (Warning: Arch Enemies Spoilers)

WARNING: PLEASE DON'T READ THIS CHAPTER IF YOU HAVEN'T READ ARCH ENEMIES! THERE'S SPOILERS AND I DON'T WANT TO BE RESPONSIBLE FOR RUINING THE SURPRISES OF THE BOOK FOR YOU!!!!

The shadows seemed to melt into the girl as she walked through the streets until she reached the section of city she was looking for. The buildings were all collapsing and she was the only person in the area. She had wavy dark brown hair down to her shoulder blades and electric blue eyes, the only natural color on her face. Her face was covered in dark, bold makeup and her lips were glossed to perfection. The shadows seemed to linger on her clothes mostly; knee high black boots and a long sleeved, tight black dress reaching only to mid-thigh. She reached the mostly collapsed church and slipped through the rubble and past the caution tape until she reached the back. Behind a specific painting, seemingly glued to the wall, was a passageway which she checked no one was following her down before she entered. She leant into the shadows as she walked down the stairs, striking a match on the wall. A spark flashed and the match flickered to life. She lit her candle and cautiously made her way down the rest of the stairs.

"Alec?" She called through the seemingly empty tomb. "Where are you?" Her voice echoed back at her and she cringed. No response. She reached the back of the tomb, the only sound being the crackling of the flame and the clicks of her heels on the floor. "Alec, I know you're in here." A shadow appeared in front of her, intimidating for the slightest moment before he stumbled, coughing. She quickly grabbed him and helped him to his chair.

"Thank you." He wheezed, his eyes watering as she lowered him down.

"Sorry it's been a while. I was being watched." She replied, sitting in a chair opposite him. "I didn't want to risk it." He waved a quick hand and her and she knew he didn't mind.

"What news of the Walters?" His eyes revealed far more than he ever would.

"Hardly any good." She replied cautiously.

"Good first." Alec always liked to hear the good news before the bad, maybe so that it was less harsh when it came.

"Natalie's now moved to a patrol group rather than being the Renegade Council's lapdog. She also finally quit the supermarket job that she's always had that she hated." She replied, her heart starting to race as she reached the bad news.

"Why..." Alec muttered in return, his brow furrowed. "Bad news now." She took a deep breath and looked him in the eye.

"Sara and Samantha have both been murdered and Jake is in the Renegades prison, along with Alannah and Winston, but they're all in different cells. Natalie's taken the loss of the others really hard. She managed to get the rings from both her mother and sister, who've both left her their powers, along with her mothers wedding band. She also managed to collect the three necklaces that they each had. The sets are complete." Alec remained silent as he contemplated the information.

"If they were stronger, then they would not have fallen to them." He concluded after a moment of silence. "But the rings... that is interesting news... She'll be the only prodigy known to have 4 different, unrelated powers. Has she discovered them all yet?"

"No, she knows what yours is and what her sisters is, but she hasn't worked out her mothers. And obviously not Jake's, seeing as he's not a prodigy."

"So she's got feline transformation, fire elemental, telekinesis and also infinite energy..." His eyes began to twinkle, despite the loss of his family. "She really is a loaded weapon. Now go, make sure she knows what her mothers power is and to make sure she uses them wisely. And I wish to speak with her at some point in the near future if possible. She needs to learn the true legacy of Ace Anarchy."

"Sure thing Alec." The girl stood up and turned to leave, her long hair flowing freely down her back.

"Thank you, Elizabeth." Alec replied, the girl, Elizabeth, sending him a smile and leaving. 

Ooooh new character! Yayyyyyyyyyyy! I don't know, sorry haha. I'm kinda tired LOL. Imma go see if I can write another chapter!