Chapter 22

Step 1: Use hairpin to pick locks.

Step 2: Get out of the chains.

Step 3: Teleport to the rooftop to meet Natalie.

And all the while avoiding the camera and catching any unnecessary attention. Easy as pie. Alannah sighed as she stood up and 'paced' for a minute before sitting in the corner where the camera wouldn't see her. She took a careful and quiet 10 minutes to pick the locks and quietly move the chains off of her. She stood up and took a deep breath before turning on her heel.

"I was wondering if you would come." A rough voice said, a shadow standing up in front of her.

"Unlike you, I don't have a watch so I don't know when midnight is - or was. Where do you wanna go tonight?" Alannah said, stepping into the light across from Natalie.

"A cave just on the outskirts of town. I know what it looks like and roughly where it is, but I'll need to look around the area to find it." Natalie replied. Her friend nodded and took her hand.

"Think of the place, really hard, until it's all in your thoughts, and twist on your heel. You should feel yourself leave the ground until you land and you should be there." Squeezing her eyes shut beside Alannah, Natalie paused before spinning on her heel, bringing Alannah with her as they travelled through midair.

"Whoa, I should do that more often." Alannah staggered around, dizzy. "I really need to get used to that." She looked up to see a cave in front of them and Natalie staring at it.

"This is it." Natalie whispered, shaking. "We need to be careful, I don't know if anyone's here." Together, they hurried through the dark and into the mouth of the cave. A quick observation of the area showed that there was no one else there so they had time to look around and see if they could find Samantha.

"Can you tell me what we're looking for?" Alannah asked, looking through some of the boxes of villain stuff.

"Try not to move anything. The Renegades have been here so they should know where most of the stuff is already. They might know if stuff has been moved." Natalie said, moving deeper into the cave. "And I'm looking for Sam. She's got something I don't want the Renegades finding." The two friends moved deeper into the cave until they reached some safety tape near the back. They ducked under it together and Natalie choked as she looked to the back. A white sheet was covering something at the back. Alannah grabbed her friend's hand and squeezed it.

"What is it that you want? I'll get it for you. You shouldn't have to see her like this." She whispered to Natalie, who looked like a ghost.

"She should have a ring and a star necklace." Natalie breathed, staring at the sheet.

"I'll get it." Alannah released her friend's hand and gently pushed the sheet back. A quick observation showed that the Renegades hadn't moved her since her death. There was a deep gash in her stomach and blood soaked through all her clothes and onto the floor. Her eyes were wide open and her mouth was frozen in an eternal scream. Alannah gently pushed her eyes closed and reached around her limp neck. A delicate golden chain felt cold against Alannah's bare fingers and she gently undid it, taking it off of her and doing it back up, placing it on the floor next to her. She grabbed Samantha's hand and quickly pulled off her delicate rose gold ring from her left index finger and took quick notice of the delicate 'S' engraved in small crystals.

"I'm so sorry, Samantha. You were such a lovely girl and you didn't deserve this." Alannah whispered to the girl's body, planting a quick kiss on her forehead. She pushed the sheet back over the body and grabbed the necklace and ring before standing up and looking at Natalie who was crying.

"The alarms went off for some motion in the cave." A voice echoed from outside. Natalie and Alannah looked wide eyed at each other before Alannah swished her hand and a raccoon appeared, along with tracks all the way from the entrance to the cave. She walked over to Natalie who hadn't moved and grabbed her hand.

"We have to go." She reluctantly told her friend, who in return straightened her spine and wiped the tears off of her face.

"I love you so much, Sam. I can only hope now that you're in a better place and that you can now live your life as the princess that you deserved to be. I'm sorry I couldn't be better, I promised I tried." Natalie's voice began to shake. "I love you Samantha. This isn't goodbye." She blinked rapidly, nodding at her friend who spun on her heel and delivered them back to the rooftop.

"I should really go back to the cell. I don't think I've caused quite enough trouble to leave them just yet." She winked at her friend, who tried her best to smile back, but failed. Miserably. "Hey I know this is gonna be really hard for you, but remember that Sam and your mom loved you so much. They don't want you to suffer because they're gone. They will want you to move on with your life. I know you'll never forget them, but I wouldn't expect you to. And remember, the occupant of cell 29, which is me by the way, is always up for a chat if you ever need or want one!" Alannah smiled at her friend who genuinely smiled back before pulling her into a hug.

"Thank you." Natalie whispered into Alannah's hair before pulling back and smiled again. It was a weak smile, but it was still there.

"I believe these are yours." Alannah handed back the necklace and the ring before stepping back. "Remember, I'm there 24/7 so whether you want to chat or not, come and visit." Spinning on her heel, she appeared back in the corner of her cell away from the camera and sighed before looking up.

"Oh crap." 

Hi everyone! 3 CHAPTERS IN ONE NIGHT! I'M ON A ROLL! This might be the last chapter for the night, I'm not sure so I'm just gonna say now:

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE! I hope that every has had a great 2018 and make sure that everyone stays safe guys! I hope that you all enjoy 2019! 

By the way my friend sent me this thing on Instagram and I'm not sure if it works but I've been using it tonight and I've ended up writing 4 chapters so I think it might work but I don't know so if you write give it a try and let me know!