•14•

I had gone mad again. I wasn't crying anymore; outside I looked calm, but if you paid attention to my eyes you would be able to see how bad I felt, how shattered my heart was. My knives were thrown precisely where I wanted them to go, and because I felt so angry I threw them with such force that even the holds of them sank inside my victims. I didn't know where I found the power to do it but at that moment I didn't care.

When Akainu emerged in front of us asking Jinbe for Luffy I thought of going back and search for the hat, since all of Marineford's forces were focused on Luffy. Jinbe didn't let me. He yelled at me to keep running as we got past  Akainu who was now fighting Iva-San and that weird subordinate of his, Inazuma. But they didn't manage to hold him off for long. He jumped over Jinbe and punched him though his chest aiming for Luffy. Both fell on the ice and I didn't hesitate to run close to them. 

I held my breath thinking that I was experiencing the same scene all over again but in the end Jinbe seemed to be alive.

"Luffy..." he stuttered and I wasted no time. I grabbed Luffy's unconscious body and tried my best to carry it.

"Leave him!" I heard someone saying and when I turned I saw Crocodile who was fighting with Akainu. He extended his hand with that sand ability of his and threw Luffy in the air. I raised my hands in a stupid attempt to catch him. I didn't want to leave him but I knew I couldn't take him to safety so I lowered my arms again.

Buggy, that clown that could severe himself caught him and started 'flying' away. I ran underneath him and we arrived at a yellow submarine out of which a man with a weird white hat was sticking out.

"Give Mugiwara-ya to me, I'm a doctor!" The man said.

Buggy seemed to hesitate and so did I.

"Quickly! Give him to me we don't have much time!"

"Just do it!" I heard Jinbe's husky voice from behind me. Buggy gave Luffy to that doctor and Jinbe climbed up on the submarines entrance. "Pearl, come!" Jinbe said and hesitantly I followed him.

Suddenly my father appeared in front of us.

"Go away!" I screamed at him as he was ready to attack the submarine. But at the same time everyone froze.

A redhead man, with actual dark red hair stopped with only a sword, admiral Akainu's Magma fist.

"This war ends here!" We all heard him saying and everyone stopped . No one dared to move, disobey the order he had given. The war was over and we could all feel it. That man... the redheaded man took Luffy's straw hat inside his hands and twisted it between his fingertips. His eyes showed some nostalgia as he turned to that clown and asked him to return it to Luffy. Someone from his crew asked him why he doesn't visit Luffy himself but he simply replied that it wasn't time yet.

"Buggy!" I yelled as he was coming near us. "Give it to me!" I said and he severed his hand giving me the hat. I grabbed it, closed the entrance and the submarine sinked inside the sea.

I held the straw hat over my chest hugging it carefully. I couldn't afford to lose it again. Luffy and Jinbe were rushed to their surgeries since that man really was a doctor. Only I sat there almost unharmed clinging onto a cheap hat. Pathetic...

"Hey... your arm is bleeding maybe I should-"

"Don't touch me!" I told the white bear that had approached me. I didn't even have the courage to be shocked that a white bear was dressed, talked to me and knew about medical treatment.

"You might die if we don't take care of your wounds and in this ship we don't let anyone die-"

"I don't care what you do in this ship. Let me die! I don't care". I hissed and turned my back to him. To my surprise the bear touched my arm and carefully raised me up. He carried me to a small room and I didn't protest. I didn't have the courage to do so.

He cleaned the wound without making a disgusted face when he saw my forearm. I had peeled off the skin and it hurt terribly when he poured alcohol on it to cleanse it. I didn't cry out my pain. I shut my eyes closed and bore it letting out only a few tears.

"You are strong!" The bear commented after he had finished wrapping it. Then he took care of my fingers and my broken ribs. "That was it". He said and patted me on the back. I got up and stared around the room with my empty eyes. Like he understood it he left me alone and exited the room.

I went close to a mirror and stared at myself.

My ginger messy hair were stained with big brown patches of mud and dried blood. They stack on my forehead and they were messier than usual. My fingers were now wrapped with clean white bandages but underneath them I could see the cuts. Both my arms, right and left were neatly wrapped with bandages so I couldn't see the scars the war had created. But I felt them. Almost my whole body was wrapped with those damned bandages but it only made me feel worse! My hateful prison uniform with those awful black and white straps was full of blood and dust. It reeked! I looked around and my eyes caught  the shine of my blades.

I grabbed the pretty one, the one made of silver and started tearing my clothes. I hated them! I hated me! I couldn't scream my anger cause I didn't want that man's crew to stop me. My blade teared the fabric in pieces. I didn't care were I cut, I just did. Expressing all my anger as I turned that hated uniform in shreds and accidentally cutting off some of the bandages too.

I was now screaming senselessly as all the tears I had forced inside were now flooding my eyes. I had destroyed every last bit of clothing that covered my body, the bandages around my waist were cut, only those around my arms were still in place and I sat on the floor crying, weeping surrounded by pieces of fabric.

"Are you done?" A voice behind me asked. I turned my head around scared and unconsciously brought my hands up to cover my naked chest. That man, the doctor was standing there, leaning against the wall and he averted his eyes from me when I turned around. I forced myself to stop crying and searched around for something to hide my nudity. But everything was teared in shreds.

The man got ready to take off the green sergeant uniform he was wearing so I could cover myself but he stopped. It had blood on it and I could easily guess whose blood that was. So he grabbed a yellow sweater from a hanger next to him and without looking he gave it to me.

I wore it quickly and pulled it down to hide my underwear.

"I won't accept that kind of behavior again on my submarine!" He warned me calmly but in his eyes I knew that that was my first and last warning.