•25•

After Luffy won the fight against Fishman Hody Jones, he and his crew set at last, sail towards the new world. They didn't know exactly where they were going, they just traveled in the vast sea following one of the three log poses Nami had on her wrist. As the days passed the memory of Pearl became distant in Luffy's mind, not because he didn't care anymore, but because many many things started happening.

One day the strawhat's received a pretty strange call from their den den mushi, coming from someone seeking for help in the island that seemed to be nearby, called Punk Hazard. They decided to stop there for a bit but when they departed the crew looked pretty different.

The were the same old nine strawhats but together with them would now travel: 1. A young boy that could turn into a dragon 2. A samurai that claimed to be the boy's father 3. A crazy scientists that had attempted to kill them a few hours ago 4. Trafalgar D Water Law, who Luffy knew as Trafalgar Law but simply called Trao. Law was now a member of the Seven Warlords, his head worth 330.000.000 Berries and most importantly he was now Luffy's ally. Their alliance, dangerous and risky many would describe it, was formed under the pressure of a poisonous gas threatening to kill them.

All this strange company, following Law's plan they decided to head towards Dressrosa, the land of Donquixote Doflamingo; another member of the seven warlords. Powerful and scary as everyone knew that if he pulled the right strings he could take whatever he wanted. His ability, from the fruit he had eaten suited him perfectly. A manipulator, that's what he was. Law worked under him. He was his corazon, a highly respected member of his gang but both Law and Doflamingo knew this wouldn't last forever.

When Law called him through the den den mushi while traveling to Dressrosa, things became clear. Law wanted Doflamingo out of the way, but it wasn't just a step he had to take to accomplish his goal. Deep inside he wanted Doflamingo to lose everything he had, as a revenge for taking something precious from him. The life of someone he adored.

He demanded he quit from the Seven warlords in exchange for the scientists the crew had captured in Punk Hazard, Caesar Clown. Doflamingo needed him in order to achieve a deal between him and yonko Kaido so he had no other choice other than obey. A few days later Law received a call.

"All right Law..." Doflamingo said and his voice sounded gravely. "It's all over the paper... I've quit!"

"I saw it". Law replied firmly.

"Meet me in two days at 3:00 in Green Bit and make sure Caesar is with you!"

Law remained silent. He didn't have to say anything else. He was ready to hung up when suddenly Doflamingo said:

"Tell Mugiwara that I have something he would like to get!" And then put down the microphone ending the conversation.

"Something I would like to get?" Luffy wondered tilting his head to the side. Suddenly his eyes lit. "Does he have all the meat of the world?" He asked his mouth filled with saliva.

"You just emptied the fridge!" Sanji yelled at him but Luffy kept gazing at Law hungrily as if Law himself had turned into a huge piece of grilled meat.

"I don't think he's so considerate" Law said and Luffy turned back to normal.

"Then what?" He wondered putting his lips.

Upon their arrival to dressrosa Law, Usopp, and Robin planned to take Caesar to Green Bit, and Law gave the Sunny protection team a Vivre Card to get to Zou, where his crew was. The protection team consisted of Nami, Chopper, Brook, Momonosuke, and Sanji.

Luffy, Zoro and Franky got out of the ship and started wandering around the town, after making sure that they wouldn't be recognizable. They wore fake beards and mustaches, paired with suits, for Zoro and Franky and a floral shirt for Luffy. In a small restaurant Zoro managed to lose his sword and ran away chasing it while Luffy and Franky accidentally found out what the thing Doflamingo had that Luffy would want.

"There's a tournament today, in Corrida Colosseum, the prize is the famous Mera Mera no Mi." A man told them. The devil fruit of fire but most importantly it was Ace's fruit.

Luffy's eyes widened at the sound of it. The fruit of his late brother...

"I want it!" He said and looked intensely at Franky.

"Where's the Colosseum?" Franky asked the man.

"Over there, you'll be stupid if you get lost. It's pretty much at the center of Dressrosa." The man said and the duo started walking towards the direction he had pointed at.

When they arrived at the entrance of the huge round building Luffy donned the name Lucy and after saying goodbye to Franky, he mingled with the other gladiators. Luffy looked around inspecting the men and few women around him. Apart from a small incident with a huge man called Spartan Luffy, or better, Lucy passed unnoticed and went to try on an armor.

With his childish ways he put on a heavy armor a gold helmet and grabbed a sword. If Zoro was here he would definitely laugh, Luffy thought as he held up the unfamiliar weapon. Suddenly his eyes caught the statue of a man that wore similar things to the armor he had unnecessarily put on.

He looks strong, Luffy thought and smiled but his happiness didn't last long because the heavy metals he had put on his body pinned him down on the floor. Desperate to breathe in ease Luffy abandoned the outfit he had really liked even though he looked ridiculous.

"Watch your step!" He heard as he stumbled to get out of the armor.

"Oh, sorry!"

"Did I hear correctly did you ask to know who I am?" The blond haired standing behind him asked narcissistically.

"No-"

"I'm Cavendish the beautiful pirate! And who are you peasant?" He asked his expression changing immediately from cocky to disgusted.

"I'm Luf- Lucy!" Luffy corrected quickly and Cavendish raised an eyebrow.

"Did you say Luffy?" He asked.

"No! I'm Lucy!"

"Hm... for a moment I thought you were that rookie StrawHat Luffy... one of the members of the worst generation. Good for you, because if you were him I would kill you!" He said and Luffy gulped. Cavendish had become scary in a single second. He shook his head negatively and the blond man seemed satisfied.

Suddenly a thin girl with black messy hair walked between them pushing Cavendish slightly by accident.

"Hey you!" Cavendish yelled at her and the girl turned swiftly to look at her. "How dare you push me-" he stopped as soon as he saw her beautiful face. "Oh dear a girl like you, shouldn't be in such place!" He said his tone changing completely.

The girl glared at him. The volume of the black frizzy hair made her seem dangerous. Under all this hairy mass a black hat could be spotted hanging from her neck covering her almost bare back. Luffy gazed at her as long as she glared at Cavendish but when she redirected her eyes to him she took an expression of of confusion and rushed to get away from the duo.

"Know her?" Cavendish asked Luffy and he shook his head negatively.

"Kuro!" Luffy muttered.

"What?"

"Her label writes, Kuro". Luffy explained.