Chapter 26

Everything happens for a reason, if something bound to happen will happen no matter what you do. You cannot expect life to be perfect or to be what you want it to be.

I went back to my office only to be scolded by my head prosecutor, he was dissappointed in me for loosing the first trial. He conditioned me that If I didn't find enough evidences about the case he will replace me with another prosecutor. Hoseok and Namjoon just sitting in their table listening to our head prosecutor, can we trust him though? If I tell him I can't continue the trial because I want to hel the accused would he let me? Ofcourse he'll not, that's why we're sticking to our plan.

Days have passed, I didn't get enough sleep because of the case I am working and I can feel my body almost giving up and telling me that hey lady get some rest and sleep. But its not the only reason of my sleepless nights, it's Taehyung, he's making me feel uneasy. How did he end up being in this situation? What have I missed? Did he suddenly changed after I left their house? But that can't be. Even if he does change, he'll never kill a person, most off all his parents. He loves them so much even if he wants to be a prosecutor he still continued being a lawyer for his parents sake.

Because of this thought I decided to visit him in jail.

I am sitting on a chair with a glass window infront of me, waiting for Taehyung and without a minute or two he came.

"Are you here to interogate me again?" He asked with a smile. How can he still manage to smile in this kind of situation? He's so brave

"Nope, I came here as a friend not a prosecutor I hope you don't mind" he nodded and place his cuffed hands on the leaning table infront of him.. If I didn't leave their house that day, If I have just talk to him that day and heard each others side this won't happen. It's all my fault, if I have just stayed by his side through the years and help each others dream come true none of this will happen to him. If I have only accepted his love, we'll be a happy couple until now but because of my insecurities and selfishness I have brought him here in this situation.. the man that I love is suffering and I don't want to just look and do nothing.

"I want to help you" I said out of the blue and his eyes widened. "In na, you're the prosecutor incharge you can't be in my side you are supposed to put me in jail because they believed that I am the murderer" he said still not believing what I have just offered.

"They do , but I don't believe it" I said and I can feel that my tears might fall in any seconds now, seeing him in this window is breaking my heart into pieces. His eyes are full of sorrow and pain, and I don't want him to loose hope.

"In na-ya......" was the words that came out from his mouth, he put his palm in the window that is serving as our barrier. "V.... I will make it up to you" I said as I put my palms too in the window, we are touching each others palm through the window. Hearing me say his nickname for the very first time made him shed a tear, "You don't know how much I have waited for you to call me that, you don't know how much I have waited for this moment, I just never imagined that we're reuniting in this place now, it's funny how you are witnessing my prisoner's clothes and my messy hair rightnow, I look horrible " he said and gave a faint chuckle. I do too and wipe the tears that streamed down my face.

"You're still handsome just like before" and he laughed cutely. "I can't believe I'm hearing that from you"

We talked and catch up about what happened to us in the span of 5 years. Until the topic came out of the blue, "Who do you think killed your parents Tae?" I suddenly asked. He just look down, his bangs covering his eyes.

"I know I should have told you this before, my parents are helping criminals" he said and that made my jaw drop. "Their clients we're the one's who are making this country a terrible place and they can't do anything about it since a Lawyer should defend their clients even if they knew what kind of stupid thing they have done. They want me to be like them to earn more money, thats why I wanted to be a prosecutor and they forbid me to become one" he sighed maybe remembering the argument they had few years ago about it. "There's a possibility that someone might take revenge for their wrong doings, because the ones who are put in jails were the innocent ones and its all because of them, lawyers like them. But you know, afterl all their still my parents"

I can't believe what he just said about the story behind their parents job. Yes, someone had take revenge, theres a 100% possibility. "They know this might happen to them, that's why they kept telling me to look out for my self. It's just lame that even for the last time I didn't get the last chance to heard their last words. It's a shame that I came too late, I didn't able to save them instead I was accused. maybe its my punishment for not being with them that day for not being the good son"

"Hey stop saying that, its not your fault. Be strong V we have to work with each other for us to catch the real culprit. My friends and your friends are willing to help and we are working on it. Just... trust us and don't loose hope." I told him some encouraging words so he wouldn't think too much I mean he'd been through a lot, worst than anybody's problem.

"What about the trial? You can't be in my side" he said thinking what might happen next. "I am not going to continue being the prosecutor incharge in this case, I am resigning, I will be your Lawyer" his eyes widened in shock, but I already decided. My Mom knew about this and so us Jimin and he supported me. I can't be a prosecutor if I am just going to put an innocent person in jail. "Then who will be your replacement?" He asked.

"I don't know yet"