Lipstick [DukeSaw]

Knuckles white from the tight grip, head down ever so low, mouth open for the horrendous substance about to flow; Heather Duke prepared herself from what was about to happen. She felt the burning sensation and let it take a toll on her. Mixed liquid and whatever used-to-be-edible-food came gushing out. The awful taste and prickling in her throat lingered.

"Grow up Heather, Bulimia's sooo '87." A familiar voice said from the other side of the stall. It was from Heather Chandler, the queen bee. She always had what she wanted, always said what she want to say and always got her way. She rolled her eyes before feeling another flood coming out.

"Maybe you should go see a doctor, Heather." Another voice spoke though, it's softer and a little more concerned this time. She immediately knew it was the bright Heather McNamara. She really didn't have anything against the girl but for some reason, the blonde existing ticked her off.

It must have been sudden karma for vomit made it's way out of her mouth once again. She tried her best to keep her hair strands from falling but they were just so persistent.

Great, Duke thought to herself. Now I smell like barf and shit. A growl escaped from her lips.

"Yeah Heather, maybe I should..." The brunette mumbled to herself before sighing. Just as she was about to stand up, she heard a voice.

"Ah, Heather and Heather--"

Then came the unwanted presence rushing out once again.

"...And Heather. Perhaps you didn't hear the bell right over the vomiting, you're late for class." It sounded like the source came from Ms. Fleming. Not exactly someone she hated but she definitely didn't need nagging from an old woman. She was too tired to bicker against the teacher.

"Heather wasn't feeling well, we're helping her." Duke wasn't sure if it was a nice thing coming from the queen but a part of her was grateful anyways. Atleast she didn't have to speak, her throat was burning.

"Not without a hall pass you're not, week's detention--"

"Uh, actually, Miss Fleming," Another voice suddenly came in the view. It was different and unfamiliar, she's sure she has never heard it before. "We're all out on a hall pass... yearbook committee."

"I see you're all listed, hurry up and get where you're going." She then stood up from the floor to get an idea of what was happening on the other side of the door. Her eyes narrowed at the sight of the teacher leaving and being replaced with a girl.

She looked tall, her hair reaching only until her shoulders and her face covered with a scarf. The brunette looked like a complete nobody.

Her vision then clouded with red. Looks like Chandler came up to the unknown girl and swiftly grabbed the small paper. Her blue eyes scanned the note with shock and confusion. "This is an excellent forgery." She said with a mix of awe and a form of unidentified emotion. "Who are you?"

The girl looked like her heart was about to jump out of her chest. Smiling nervously, she brought her hand out. "Uhh, Veronica. Sawyer." She spoke with no confidence seen in her eyes and actions.

This Veronica girl has some balls to even try to shake Heather's hand. Not like she would even bother to.

As Duke expected, Chandler only had her brow raised. The fact that the queen acted like the nobody didn't gesture anything made her grin to herself. There's just something about Veronica that she couldn't help but find fascinating.

"I crave a boon." The tall brunette uttered and slowly brought her hand down. The embarrassed emotion she felt was shown through the awkward and loud gulp she just made.

The blonde eyed her up and down, her hand on her waist. "What boon?"

"Uh, let me sit at your table in lunch. J-Just once," Veronica stuttered, "No talking necessary. If people think you guys tolerate me then they'll leave me alone."

Duke didn't understand why but the head Heather started to laugh mockingly. Seems like the yellow bee laughed along with her, forcing a mocking tone. She didn't have a choice but chuckle along with the other two.

It was obvious that the girl before the three felt insecure. She inhaled sharply. "Before you answer, I also do report cards, permission slips and absence notes."

That got the smaller brunette in even more fascination. A small smile crept up her lips. "How about prescriptions-"

Yet she was cut off. "Shut up, Heather!" The red cladded girl commanded with venom in her voice.

This caused the one wearing green to let out a small yet irritated frown. "Sorry, Heather."

Duke wasn't entirely sure but Chandler started talking about how Veronica had a good bone structure. McNamara joined and stated a totally-not-creepy speech about the girl's symmetrical face.

"You could stand to lose a few pounds." Duke suddenly said out loud. She wasn't sure if it was a good thing to say but her insecurity kicked in without notice, making her say such a thing. Hopefully she sounded more confident than she imagined herself to be.

The next few moments were all about makeovers. The green Heather sure wasn't one to say nice things but damn was she in awe. Looks like the blue "Heather" or more like Veronica sure looked like hell on wheels. She was quite proud that she held responsible atleast a bit of make-up placed on the taller brunette. She had to chose the girl's lipstick, not that she was complaining. The view was honestly great-

Wait what the hell am I thinking? She let out an annoyed sigh. The medicine might have given her some weird side effect.

After the transformation, the three Heathers were impressed of the work of art they just made. Chandler was most likely in charged of the clothes while McNamara was the one with the make-up and Duke was just the lipstick.

"Um, Duke, was it?" Veronica suddenly called out to Duke before the four of them started to take their leave from the toilet.

"What is it? Make it quick." The annoyance and sass in the smaller female's voice was obvious. This caused the taller one to flinch quite a bit and smile sheepishly.

"Um," The blue clothed girl hesitated, "Just wanted to say I like the color of the lipstick."

"Okay?"

"I-It's not too dark nor too light. And um.." Veronica tried her best to think about the correct words to utter. "There's also a small taste of vanilla in it so I like it a lot." Her nervous smile became a genuine one. "Just wanted to know what's the brand? It's okay if you don't wanna say it, though."

Duke's eyes widened. Her jaw was slightly dropped yet she clenched it after a few seconds. She stated the brand name and from the corner of her eyes she could see the girl nod in gratitude.

Heather bit her lip when she saw Veronica slowly leave her sight. The color blue vanished from her vision. Her cheeks suddenly started to burn and her heart thumped loudly.

She was sure that lipstick she used on Veronica was the one she used all the time. It didn't have any vanilla taste into it, though, she did like to eat sweet things with a flavor of vanilla.