Green and Herb [DukeSaw]

PEOPLE

STOP

rEAdInG sO dArN fAsTTT

LAST TIME I UPDATED THIS ONLY HAD 7K VIEWS AND NOW IT'S 9K?! WHAT THE- I AM SO PROUD OF THIS COMMUNITY-

but srsly gosh ily guys s r s l y

also the reason i havent updated is bcuz idk what im doing, im planning a Bands AU with my frendo aaaaand i'm currently shipping agaphie too much sjxjsjxjsjxj (help)

____________________________

The first time she saw the girl was in a local store in her village. She has never seen such a beautiful young little girl yet. Although that was an exaggeration, she couldn't help but watch the latter pick up medical herbs with a smile as minty as the leaf she was holding. Her dark eyes was brighter and fuller than any of the dull gaze the town's people possessed. The unfamiliar brunette hummed her way through the lane with a basket in hand, her dark hair shining under the sunlight.

That's when she knew, her heart has been stolen.

Starting that day, she visited the herbal shop with a smile on her face. She was just a little child with the same dorky grin she always wore. Her hair barely reaching shoulders, it never bothered her even if others mistaked her as a boy. She was young, wild and free, so skipping a class from the small school they had didn't matter.

The girl with the green scrunchie was the one that did.

With her heart dancing with the wind, she tucked both of her hands in her pockets. Excitement rushed through her veins whenever she would open the rusty and faded gold-like doorknob of the shop. Turning it, her cheeks rose up as she grinned ear to ear.

"What a good morning, Mr. Gridevon!" The little girl beamed with such a cheery tone first thing in the morning. A familiar shopkeeper in his 40's could simply let out a jolly chuckle at her.

"How are you doing, Veronica?" The man named Gridevon smiled, welcoming the child that made her way to the counter. Grinning at him widely, she hopped and tiptoed to meet his gaze. "Looks like you've been growing a little more than yesterday."

Veronica nodded quick, "I am! Mom keeps telling me that I'm getting taller than my older brother." She proudly raised her chin, the dorky smile on her face turning smug and confident. It was quite an achievement to say at the least since her brother is two years older than her. Seeing a familiar shade of green from the corner of her eyes, she immediately remembered why she was there at the first place. Her brown eyes shined with curiosity. "Hey, Mr. Gridevon," she whispered aggresively at the man, "who's that girl over there?" She pointed at the mysterious amd unknown girl who seemed to be busy picking more herbs.

Gridevon followed her finger and saw what the girl was pointing at. "Oh, her?" He paused before looking at Veronica once again. "That's Heather Duke, the daughter of a good friend and doctor, Devictor Duke. She's recently been the one who gets the herbal ingredients for her father." Veronica's eyes stared into Heather, curiosity in her gaze growing stronger. "She's a quiet child but she knows her business."

Veronica hummed to herself before looking back to Gridevon. "She looks so matured and all that... but she looks like any other kid in my school." She mumbled. She didn't understand why the girl acted that way. Her baby face made her look like any other classmate in her annoying and loud kindergarten but the way she carried herself was as if she actually knew what she was doing. And coming from Veronica, it wasn't something she always thought about random strangers.

Gridevon stared at Heather with an understanding smile. "She's two years older than you, the same age as your older brother, Vernon." That made the little girl's eyes widen. It surprised her knowing that the girl was only eight years of age. "Though she may not look like it but she's still a child at heart. Let's just say she's been that way ever since her mom has died." His eyes softened, words unsaid were reflected at his gaze.

Veronica didn't know what to say. Instead, she took a step away from the counter, her attention now completely on the stranger. "Being friends with her wouldn't hurt, right?" She looked at Heather picking up the last herbal pieces and putting it in her small basket. "I'm lonely, she looks lonely, we can be lonely buddies together!" Her lips slowly formed to a hopeful grin. I know Martha would love to have her in our playground!

It only took a few seconds of waiting, the beautiful young girl now walking towards the counter. She looked at the shopkeeper before she noticed Veronica smiling in a friendly way at her. She didn't mind the other brunette, paying for the herbs in exchange of a copper coin or two. She flashed a small smile at Gridevon who reciprocated the gesture. As she finally walked out of the store, she didn't expect the girl from earlier to be in front of her. Blocking her way at that.

Heather blinked twice. She had better things to do than play or talk with some random girl at like nine in the morning. "How may I help you?" She asked, formal tone rolling our of her tongue professionally. Maybe it was the influence of her father.

"What a nice way to greet someone," Veronica snorted before her bright smile showed up once again. "I'm Veronica and I'm guessing you're Heather!"

"That doesn't sound like a guess-"

"And I'm guessing you need some help with that basket?" Veronica looked at the basket in Heather's hand.

"Actually, no-"

"Actually, yes you do!" The taller brunette swiftly grabbed the basket with a small little smirk on her face. The shorter one didn't manage to say anything, not like she had the chance to.

That is how they first met.

________________________

I actually wanted to write soooo much more than this but idk

This was supposed to be a soulmate au of some sort ksksk

I even have old names for them like Verionne, Hesthine, etc. the only name i didnt change was Gridevon and Devictor lmao

Anyways am sorry this is extremely short, ran out of ideas and such (like boi this is 1k words which is like the shortest ive ever written in this book)