Car Rides [McDuke]

This is what i imagine these kyot dweebs when they're together alone

_________________________

"So like, Kate was sooo annoying." The dirty blonde spoke with irritation, her brown eyes rolling. "She said she wanted to be center, but I should be because I'm the leader, duh!" She added before sighing deeply and circling her hand in a way they'll probably jump off of her wrist soon enough.

This is what usually happends when Heather McNamara and Heather Duke are together in the brunette's jeep. Since the cheerleader's strict father wouldn't let her own a car, she just had to hop in with the yearbook commitee's president. If it looks like a burden to Duke, no, it never was and never will be.

She didn't mind hearing the blonde rant and talk about nonsensical things. Mac would always seem to be really talkative around her. It was as if she was ready to share every single thing about her life. Duke find that quite endearing, even the slightest bit.

The smaller Asian girl could only nod subtly. Though she may seem like she pays more attention to the road, her mind was completely focused on the blabbering female beside her. Her black eyes would occasionally glance at a pair of chocolate ones. Even with her hands tightly gripping the wheel, she had an urge to let go of it and completely immerse herself in the blonde's pink lips.

"So," Mac mumbled before staring at Duke with expectant eyes, "What do you think about it? Should I let her? I shouldn't, right?"

Duke looked at her briefly before averting her gaze on the color red in the traffic light. Hitting on the brake softly, she let herself relax for a short bit before answering, "I honestly don't care much."

The way she bluntly spoke must've sounded mean. In the corner of her eyes, she could see Mac frowning, obviously disatisfied with the answer. She then pouted and sinked into her seat.

"But," Duke spoke a little louder. She made sure that she got Mac's attention. Placing her gaze into the blonde's brown eyes, she could feel her own pair soften. "If you're against it, then don't do it. If she goes against you then Heather, Veronica and I would do something about it." She spoke with a stern look, her voice firm.

"Wait, actually, let me do it by myself. I'm not sure if those two would help out." She added before shrugging, her face still quite nonchalant.

Suddenly, she could see the blonde's frown turn upside down. Mac grinned like a child that has gotten a gigantic cake on her birthday. The way her eyes beamed in joy and happiness made Duke melt a bit inside. "Really, you'd do that?" She asked with excitement and curiosity as she leaned a little closer to the driver.

The brunette would've rolled her eyes if it weren't for the fact that she found the blonde really adorable. She knew that Mac was the cutest out of them but she just couldn't get enough of the sweetness and sunshine that radiated from the girl. Duke could simply sigh and nod once again. "Not like I have a choice, don't I? You sounded like a fish on land. It was annoying me." She spoke quite harshly this time before biting her lip.

She always wanted to hide any emotion. Hide every weaknesses. But for some messed up reason, she couldn't hide the blush that formed on her cheeks.

Mac must've noticed it for she simply giggled. The way her childish chuckles surrounded the car, it surpassed the song that was currently playing on the radio. Wait. There was a song playing in it? Duke never really noticed it, she probably payed too much attention on the girl beside her.

"Thanks, Dukey." Mac said sweetly before landing a small kiss on the driver's cheek.

Duke muttered complaints under her breath before she half-heartedly glared at the blonde. "Can you not? I'm driving. And don't call me Dukey."

Then a few horns echoed here and there.

"Dukey, it's been green this whole time."

"Oh. Well, fuck." Looks like all she could really pay attention to was the blonde.