Choices [Chansaw]

Veronica Sawyer wasn't one with choices. Whenever an opportunity slides, she grabs it immediately, or maybe just let life choose it for her. Going with the flow has always been her thing. Choices were just guidelines to her, the aftermath is the real deal.

Kindergarten was one of her first few opportunities to get a hold of. When she had a confident and beautiful blonde girl as a seatmate, she just couldn't help but feel like wanting to be friends with her. Little did she know though, that girl will be the very first one to steal her heart.

Girls can't like girls. That's what everyone says and that was the one that had been burned into her mind. She brushed off her small crush on her seatmate as something completely platonic. So when the strawberry blonde gave her a quick peck on the lips at break time, she didn't really ask herself why her heart started beating.

Kindergarten flew fast and elementary came like a lightning. It also meant that they started to change little by little. The pair of blue ocean-like orbs became a little serious. The happy and giddy seatmate she once knew started to smirk a lot more. She really didn't know why but it resembles a little daredevil (a hot one at that). Martha Dunnstock has been her friend since the very first day of elementary.

Elementary was about to end and she just gave up. She knew that her stupid ass crush isn't going to get her anywhere so by the time of fourth grade, she just focused in her studies. By the time fifth grade came was the time were "The Heathers" became a thing. Not just a thing, but a group of three people trying to climb up to the very top in the social food chain. She didn't really pay much attention to it for she cared about her studies more.

Middle school wasn't her best yet not her worst as well. It was okay, to say at the least. Her focus right now was to study at her very limit. She started getting bullied with her friend Martha. Veronica tried her best to protect her friend and ended up getting beat up almost everyday. The same cycle kept on for months and she just stopped on trying, though she made sure her friend wouldn't be touched by those bullies.

Then highschool happened, in her own words, the so-called thunderdome. It was okay at first, just the same old routine of getting bullied, the same old goal of getting into a good university. She already laid her eyes on Havard yet made Duke and Brown as her substitute in case she didn't get into her main choice. Freshman year was pretty fine, that's how she'll put it. Next came sophomore, she started to get bored of the same immaturity the people around her had. Being a junior only made her think that maybe college is the only thing that'll help her out of this hellhole.

And then, before she knew it, she became a senior. And she struggled in the very first day of her senior year.

Veronica Sawyer gripped tightly on her diary. She has kept it for ages, maybe even ten years already, she lost track of time. Her eyes wandered on the same hallway of Westerberg High, the annoying childish people making a ruckus, and also the ones that have to take all their actions without a complaint. It's eat or be eaten; like some kind of jungle except it's ruled by idiots.

A sigh escaped out of her lips the moment she felt her fingertips brush along her pen.

September 1st, 1989

Dear diary,

I believe I'm a good person. You know I think there's good in everyone . . . But here we are . . ! First day of senior year.

A chuckle threatened to leave her mouth yet she held it back, not wanting other people to think she was some kind of crazy lady in a scarf during summer.

I look around these kids I've known all my life then ask myself; " What happened? "

She had the urge to write down more and maybe rant about the brats that used to be good people, yet she chose to close her diary instead.