CH.24

A few months later

it was late at night and  Ginny was going down for a cup of water and a bite to eat. 

Tomorrow was James birthday he was turning two. 

That meant that his letter telling us if he is a wizard or not would be arriving tomorrow. 

Just then a knock was heard at the door. 

 She checked the time fearful of what she might find outside.

 After the war, the scars although not physical but mental never faded away.

 It was in that war that she almost lost the love of her life and she, in fact, did lose her brother Fred. 

Some were driven to insanity with hallucinations of the war occurring over an over and over.

It was a cruel torture left upon those who were cursed right before killing a death eater. 

I for one was almost cursed but was saved by mum.

I saw Harry being carried limp in the arms of Hagrid.

It was devastating seeing someone you care about so much just dying in the arms of an old friend and then as if nothing happened he rose from the dead. 

Just as we were about to be condemned by Voldemort 

So she pulled out her wand and she saw a cat pull up in the driveway then another knock on the door resounded throughout the manor like an echo from an old hunted house in the movies.

Ginny carefully tiptoed over to the door. She heard a crash from behind only to realize Headwig had flown with full owl speed at the vase on the main table.

The decoration had clattered, rolled and fallen breaking into tiny shards on the brown wooden floor.

Leaving only  blue tainted glass  dust on the floor 

she pivoted around to continue on the path that she had to take to the main doorway of the manor.

She grabbed the door handle and pulled inwards.

The door opened with an audible creak.

She saw an old friend morph from a cat to a human. It was professor McGonagall my old teacher and the director of the school.

Professor?

Ginny dear how are you?

Im okay

Come in 

Be quite tho my kids are asleep

congratulations dear how many?

Just teddy and James.

Ahh yes, James said, Minerva,

The two women were seated on the couch in the living room the soundproof room as the called it.

this is where  we threw parties if the kids where home

Minerva looked at me and said 

it is almost time and I have come here to tell you the news that im sure is very awaited

She took an envelope  from her robe and handed it to me

I gingerly took the envelope from her hand and turned it around.

It had that red seal on the back with the H engraved in it.

It was from the school

she opened the seal half expecting it to shout at her like it did to Ron in her first year.

oof that howling letter.

she opened the letter reveals a note with a clear handwriting peering up at her.

Dear Mr. and Mrs. Potter

We are pleased to inform you that your son James Sirius  Potter has a place in Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. He will be expected to come aboard the train at the dawn of his 11th birthday. We are thrilled to have him in a few years among us. 

Yours sincerely,

Minerva McGonagall  

She looked up at Minerva and thanked  her

the professor stands up and Ginny guides her to the door just then a loud cry is heard from the room.

They both look up and take off in a hurry to see what had happened.

when they arrived in the room teddy was already there holding James in his arms and rocking him back and forth humming the lullaby he learned from Ginny to his baby brother.

The sight was heart melting  

Teddy looked up and said he fell off the bed

they had changed him out of his crib a while ago.

he resumed humming as the two women looked at each other

Ginevra Weasley, you have two wonderful kids and you have raised Teddy to be a wonderful young man. 

I expect to see the two Potter kids walking the halls of our legendary school soon.

 I must go now before all the muggles wake up and start roaming the streets.

they both walked down the stairs and Ginny witnessed her transform into a cat and disappear int the shadows of the edge of the forest.

It was a pleasure seeing her old professor gain after years of n0ot seeing anyone from her school. 

Sure she had been in contact with her friends but at the same time, she missed the good times.

She came out of her thoughts and closed the door.

Ginny crept up the stairs tiptoeing in her room and she tried to get into bed as gently as possible.

she arranged her pillows and soon drifted to sleep snuggled up to harry

The Next morning

Harry shifted to the side to look at the clock it was eight a.m and the sky was clouded not a nice day again.

He looked over his shoulder 

Ginny was sleeping on her side facing him her small face looked so at peace and relaxed 

her mouth was  slightly tilted into a smile from a pleasant dream she was having

he kissed her temples gently to wake her up

it didn't work so he kissed her jawline up to her mouth

she stirs in her sleep and wakes up

hey she mumbles

I look at her and she smiles

They were in their own little bubble where no one besides them existed.

Ginny got up and kissed  her husband  for what felt like days

She pulled away and got up walking over to the bathroom 

Harry was left looking at the place where she had just been.

What a life he had. 

He really had it all

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey, guys hope you liked this little extra chapter with some little details of my own. HP lovers don't roast me on this.

see u next time

-ADLH