Ch.28

Seconds turned to minutes, then to hours. Hours turned to days and soon ginny's belly started to grow. She looked at herself in the mirror staring at the small bump that was forming. Today she had another checkup to see how the baby was doing. So far so good but you could never be too careful. That fated morning Harry had stood up from the bed without a word pulled on his robe and coat and left not bothering to say hi to his wife. She found it as odd as he was always sweet to her. Mmmm she thought, in any case, she would find out what was bothering him later when he came back home. After attending her checkup she went to the Auror offices to see her husband and talk with him about this morning. She went up the elevator and into his office marked with his initials only to find that he wasn't there.

Strange she thought as she sat in his chair looking around his desk for a clue or where he might be and that's when the door flew open revealing a messy hair looking man. Non-other then her husband looking as I work had murdered him, he had scratches on his face and his robe was torn up on the side.  Flying from the chair, she was at his side in a second not hesitating to envelop him in a hug her eyes filling with tears threatening to overflow and spill. She hated his job as it put him in the way of danger. She always feared that one day he would exit their home and never come back. Even the boy who lived had his weaknesses and wasn't immortal. She felt his arms engulf her and press her against his chest. 

My darling?

Love she exclaimed with a little crack to her voice

What are you doing here?

Y..you left this morning without saying anything to me

I know honey but I got an emergency call and you were half asleep I rushed out im sorry

o...oh it okay love I was just worried about you

she kissed him on the forehead 

 come to have lunch with me at home?

Sure my love

Together the pair left the office unaware of the presence that lay hidden in the shadows of the corner of the room. As Ginny slept through the afternoon after lunch she felt that her world was complete. It wouldn't be long until she met her baby.

It was such a foreign yet amazing feeling having a baby. Yes, it was hard and very demanding on her body but everything was worth it when she heard the heartbeat and even more once she held her baby in her arms. That bond that a mother forms with her baby is one of the strongest ones in the world. Having a life grow from within you. Its something that words can't explain. That bond that we form throughout the baby's life is eternal.

Her eyes fluttered open, drinking in the sight of the sunset seeping in through her window and splashing warmth on her bedroom walls.  The orange ombre filled her up with a sense of peace and content. She placed her velvet soft hands on her belly feeling the tiny human move around. It was a weird feeling but it gave her a sense of comfort, a sense of belonging. That everything was how it was supposed to be. 

As the sunset behind the horizon giving way to nighttime she sat outside in her patio admiring the stars above her. It was so serene outside as the sound of the breeze in the dead of the night soothed her. There was such a peaceful vibe to nighttime for her. For years it had always been so chaotic and her life had been centered around the war, then late the consequences of it and rebuilding everything that had been lost. Things were finally starting to calm down and piece together. She closed her eyes and breathed in, tuning into her surrounding before collecting herself up off the ground and heading inside the house.

She closed the sliding doors behind her sealing them with a small thud. She heard stirring in the kitchen only to walk in and find her husband whipping up a storm for dinner. There were plates everywhere. The yummy mouth-watering scent of oven-cooked chicken-filled up her nostrils. She walked to where her husband was standing with a face of concentration reading a cookbook. She wrapped her arms around his torso and placed a kiss at the back of his neck. Harry held onto her arms and spun her gently around and kissed her forehead. "Hi baby" he murmured into my ear. Hi, you I replied back in a soft tone looking into his eyes.

We talked for a while about work and quidditch and our unborn baby until the ven bell dinged and he got up from his seat to tend to the chicken that was inside. Something very funny about Harry is that he can be so clumsy it unreal. So of course it wouldn't be him if something did not happen. Guy sees the smoke but still, I have no clue into what part of his brain that did not register in and he grabs the pan with his right bare hand and burns himself. I combusted into laughter before I rushed over to him. Mind you I was still laughing as I iced his hand and then took out the pan myself.  He looked over at me with a very pouty face because I was making fun of him. I mean what type of wife would I be if I didn't. 

Finally, I stopped laughing and went up to the bathroom to pick my hair up in a ponytail and wash my face to compose myself. As I walked down the staircase I saw that the dinner table had been set up in a very romantic and fancy way. There were rose petals sprinkled in a precise and gentle manner across the table cloth. Candles lit up the room and the chandelier was turned on. Which by the way was a weird occasion since we normally ate in the kitchen. He had served the dinner and laid out many plates of sides around the table. He was waiting for me at the entrance and once I got there offered me his hand to guide me to my seat. Harry made sure that I was comfortable before he served me some orange juice because I was not allowed to have wine. The dinner was amazing I had way too much food. Gotta say this man can cook a fierce shrimp and cream pasta. Might consider making him cook more often. Anyways I was stuffed and the night was far from over. After dinner, we just decided to curl up on the couch and talk. Sharing laughs and stories of old times. I don't know when I fell asleep but I did. I just felt my eyes get heavy and my head fell on his shoulder as he continued to talk. Finally, my eyes closed and I was out like a light.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HIIIIIII

Im so sorry it been such a long time. I promise I will explain everything in a bit. But I hope you liked this long-overdue chapter. I have so much to put into ideas and over the past few days, I've been thinking about something new that I would love to hear your opinions on. I will releases that soon enough along with the explanation of my absence. 

I would love to give a shout out to this amazing girllll who literally made my night btw it three am here where I live. Im halfway asleep but um who cares. Nevermind it's almost four and I have to wake up in four hours jeez. Okay, so this girl has participated so much in my chapters and shared a very moving story to me. 

So in honor of this new chapter, I would love to dedicate this one to her and shout her out

Thank you for your unconditional support you're amazing @Kamakshi_11

okay see you guys soon 

as always love you all and leave comments i love reading them