Chapter 7: Plans gone Bad

Chapter 7: Plans Gone Bad

Her breath hitch, but she quickly hid inside of a bathroom cubicle before they could see her. She quietly placed her feet on top of the toilet seat and squatted. She hoped the seat wouldn't break and give her up, but it almost seemed like the footsteps were not bothered. The voice of two boys, most likely soccer players filled the locker room.

"Man that was wild!!" Jo furrowed her eyebrows and closed her eyes trying to concentrate on what they were talking about.

"That goalie, he was awful," the other snickered. There was a moment of silence before a stream of pee sound filled the locker.

"I was really pissing myself out there-"

"I'm lucky we have Aras on our team, that dude is a fraud, but he knows what he's doing."

"I know."

"Talking about Aras though, I heard that his dad bought some teacher to pick up his grade."

The other muttered something unintelligent and they both began to lower their voices. Jo rolled her eyes as their voices became muffled by the sound of the water faucet. After a few minutes their footsteps soon faded away. She slowly walked out of the cubicle. Nobody was outside.

She walked out of the locker room. As she left the gym, a few people gave her weird looks. She knew that there was probably nothing to worry about, but she still felt nervous.

The math club members were all scattered around. Louis and America sat beside each other and there seemed to be no sign of either Kye or Tricia. Louis caught her stare and gave her a small smile before looking away. Jo sat down near the nearest exit.

She tried to focus on the game, but she could not help and think about the conversation that the two soccer players were having in the locker room. She felt that it was most likely related to Pierce and his 'great' plan that got them both suspended. Her eyes eventually found Pierce who was on the other side talking to two girls in a very friendly way. Jo rolled her eyes, she did not understand how anyone would want to become too close to him. If they knew him, she thought as a look of contempt formed in her face.

She felt someone's stare and turned to see Grayson sitting with a couple of his friends. They were all talking with each other, but Grayson's gaze was fixated on her. She waved awkwardly and smiled and he did the same. After a while she turned to look ahead. Pierce was staring over at her. However, after a while his gaze moved towards the direction of Louis and America who were both standing and heading out.

Pierce furrowed his eyebrows and left the two girls' mid-conversation. Jo noticed that something was wrong, so she ended up following the math club members. Louis and America walked in silence, they walked into the building where a couple of students were still hanging around. Pierce had made his way. Jo saw him standing in front of both Louis and America, panting as he held up his hand trying to catch his breath.

"Pierce get out of the way," America said annoyed.

Louis did not bother to stand any longer and tried to pass through his side but Pierce recuperated quickly and shoved his chest with his hand.

"What the heck is wrong with you?!!" Louis shouted. Pierce smirked, " You think I'm going to let you pass through."

His eyes were full of determination before whispering something that only Louis and America could hear: "..."

Jo walked closer trying to understand what was going on. The group of kids soon walked out of the building, unfaced by the debacle between the math club. They probably knew that neither of them would fight, they had too much to lose.