Chapter 2: Perfect Revenge

Jo woke up to the sound of her mother calling her from outside her door. "Jo, honey, are you sleeping?"

"What is it mom?" She asked, trying not to sound so sleepy.

"There's a friend of yours in the living room, he wants to see you." Her mother sounded partly excited, but Jo didn't understand what was going on.

There couldn't be a boy, she thought. It didn't make sense.

She walked downstairs and found her mother and Pierce Carson sitting in the living room.

What is he doing here, she thought. How had he gotten her home address?

"Sit down, honey. I'll leave you two alone. I got to make dinner now. " Ms. Peters said standing up.

"Oh, Jo, is your friend going to stay for dinner?" She turned.

Jo shook her head, "No, mom. He's not."

Her mother nodded, before leaving to the kitchen.

Once, Jo was sure that she was out of earshot, she looked over at Pierce with a look of contempt.

"What are you doing in my house? How do you know where I live?" She wanted him to answer more questions, but she felt so overwhelmed.

"I told you not to mess with me, didn't I?"

"Mess with you, what is wrong with you?! Are you crazy? You are acting like I killed your cat or something."

"I told you not to get in my way, didn't I? But you didn't heed my warning and instead got into the club."

"I'm not scared of you."

Pierce smirked, slowly walking towards her.

"Are you sure, because I can make things so much harder for you. Get out of the club, this is my last warning." He whispered with a look of mixed mischief and contempt.

"Oh, and like I said, this is my last warning. This warning comes with a little present, you can check it out. It's in your computer."

As soon as Pierce walked out the door Jo ran up to her room, and grabbed her laptop. Everything seemed normal until she tried to login into one of her emails.

"This can't be true!" She muttered, trying to re-enter her password. Her phone buzzed. It was a message from an unknown number.

-Trying to get in2 your email? >< I'll give it back when you leave the club. Seems like you won't be able to get into those docs for a while.

"No!! What is wrong with him?! Now, how am I going to get that stupid report in!" she shouted.

Joel, she thought. She ran to his room, trying to think of something.

"Joel," she blurted when he opened the door.

"You have to help me, my school email got hacked and I can't get into the school's activity log. Can I use yours, I just need to print the papers."

Her brother looked at her confused, "Yeah, sure, but we don't have one class together. How are you going to get the assignment for that?"

He was right. "Lucas, your friend Lucas he has that class, can you ask him? Please!"

Joel nodded, " I suppose. But didn't you have most of those assignments finished?"

Jo nodded, she had gotten lazy and hadn't downloaded the finished products into her computer. She would need to redo a whole essay and just thinking about it made her mad.