.7

"buffy!" cyrus ran to his friend, completely out of breath from the lack of cardio in his life. "can i ask you a favor?" he asked, catching up to her.

"depends." she squinted her eyes at him, trying to figure out why he would need a favor from her.

"mr. baldwin asked me to help tj out in chemistry today and—"

"no." buffy cut cyrus off and turned on her heels, starting to walk down the hallway again.

"wait, buffy!" cyrus whined, jogging back up to her. "listen to me. i need tj's number so i can start talking to him. he has no idea about me helping him and i don't really want to do it in person." cyrus lied through his teeth. he didn't actually need to help tj in chem. he just needed an excuse to get his number, but he wasn't going to ask tj for it.

he only wanted it because he liked the thought of him being apart of his contacts.

"cyrus—"

"buffy, please." cyrus pleaded, his eyes becoming soft as he looked back at her.

"cyrus, i don't even have his number."

"oh." cyrus' face dropped slightly in disappointment. what was he going to do? "can you please get it for me?"

"can't you just go ask him yourself?" buffy questioned, stopping at her locker to grab her lunch.

"buffy, you know that makes me anxious. i'm not like you, i can't just go up to people and talk to them, especially if it's to get their number."

"i know, but i don't really want to talk to him either." she retorted in disgust. "besides, it's not like he would give it to me anyways. remember, he told me not to waste his time." she rolled her eyes at the thought and slammed her locker shut.

cyrus huffed in defeat, crossing his arms out of annoyance. "he's so irritating." cyrus whispered, of course not really meaning it. he was just upset that tj had to be so difficult.

"you could say that again." buffy joked and turned to cyrus, finally noticing that he was truly upset. "cyrus look," buffy's face grew softer as she stopped walking. "if i get on the team today, i'll ask coach for his number. that way he won't have to know i got his number and you'll be safe from talking to him. does that sound like a plan?" cyrus shook his head signaling he agreed to the plan. he just desperately hoped it worked out.

but then again it was buffy, and buffy was bound to make it on the team.

from: buffy
here you go, loser
(123)456-789

new number found: add as contact
yes or no

cyrus' heart skipped a beat as he clicked on the yes button.

'buffy went through with her plan!' cyrus thought as a smile grew on his face. 'wait, that meant she made the team!'

to: buffy
YOU MADE THE TEAM! CONGRATS I KNEW YOU COULD DO IT!!!! (also thank you i love you)

cyrus clicked back onto his contacts book and started to fill out tj's information.

he was tempted to put a cute emoji after his name, but he thought that would be too much. what if buffy ever saw it? she would never let that go.

as cyrus locked his phone, he received a notification from snapchat. he wasn't going to open it, but then he realized who it was from.

snapchat from nobodyspecial

his secret admirer! how could he forget! he was too caught up in tj that he completely ignored him.

cyrus instantly felt a pang of guilt in his stomach as he slid the notification open.

nobody:
My feelings for you are deeper than the ocean and brighter than stars.

you're amazing, cyrus. don't change anything for anybody.

cyrus' cheeks grew warm as he read the message over a couple times. this person made his completely forget about tj as he frantically responded to the mystery boy.

cyrus:
adorable. i could also say the same for you. it's weird, i don't even know who you are, but you make me feel all bubbly inside. thank you for that

nobody:
i'm glad i can make you feel that way, cyrus. just knowing that i make you feel happy, makes me happy :)

cyrus:
aww :)

cyrus:
what are you up to?

nobody:
nothing much. i've been watching netflix for a little while, but i'm bored out of my mind.

cyrus:
i could come keep you company :)

nobody:
nice try cy

cyrus:
darn i wish that worked

nobody:
nothing will get passed me

cyrus:
i'll get you to crack one day, just you wait

nobody:
not likely. i'm very cautious when it comes to you, trust me.

cyrus:
and i'm good at manipulating minds. we'll see which one is stronger

nobody:
is that a good thing or a bad thing ?

cyrus:
don't worry, i only use those powers when i need to. i don't go around and start manipulating people for fun

nobody:
that's good because i don't know what i would've done if that was something you did regularly

cyrus:
honestly, me neither

nobody:
haha

cyrus:
:)

as they continued to talk, cyrus didn't realize that the hours were flying by quickly and neither did his secret admirer. the lack of sleep didn't kick in until he looked at the clock and saw that the time was 4:00 a.m. which caused him to go into full panic mode. he was supposed to be up in 2 hours to get ready for school.

cyrus:
um question, did you happen to realize the time, because i'm kind of freaking out

nobody:
no why

nobody:
HOLY

nobody:
IM SO SORRY I DIDNT MEAN TO KEEP YOU UP UNTIL 4 I DIDNT REALIZE

cyrus:
i didn't realize either. i thought it was at least 11. i'm going to try and get some sleep in before school

nobody:
sounds like a good idea. sleep well cyrus, i'm sorry again that i keep you up.

cyrus:
don't worry about it. it was totally worth it :) night night, somebody special

nobody:
sleep tight, my love