.12

cyrus woke up to the school bell ringing over the intercom, signaling it was the end of the day.

his eyes gently fluttered open as he tightened his loose grasp on tj's sweatshirt subconsciously.

tj wasn't able to fall asleep for the 2 hours they were there, but he didn't mind at all. he just enjoyed cyrus' company and holding him in his arms. "how are you feeling, little man?" tj whispered in a calm voice, twisting cyrus' locks in his between in his fingers.

cyrus lazily picked his head up to look at tj, his heart quickening as their eyes met. tj's eyes were so full of love and life. cyrus noticed how soft his eyes looked along with his other facial features.

he was a pretty boy, that was for sure.

"i'm feeling slightly better." cyrus groggily admitted, although he never felt sick in the first place.

but that wasn't right either. cyrus didn't know how bad it was, but he was love sick. he was showing all the symptoms to it, but for some reason he hadn't caught on. "i'm glad, bud." tj smiled back at the boy who had been admiring him, and spoke up once again. "the bell just rang by the way." tj informed, just incase cyrus didn't hear.

cyrus could feel his heart drop as he pushed himself off of tj and sat up, placing his feet on the floor. "look away please." cyrus squeaked, his voice still raspy from the nap. tj did as told and cyrus picked up his jeans, taking the sweatpants off of him. he quickly changed and threw the pair of sweatpants in the dirty clothes pile, telling tj he's all done.

"do you need to go to your locker?" tj asked, hoping the answer was no. their lockers were on the other side of the school and he definitely didn't want to walk all that way considering he's slightly tired.

"i have it all with me." cyrus replied, picking up his belongings and slipping his shoes back on. tj finally got out of the bed and purposely brushed against cyrus to retrieve his items.

tj picked up his things quickly, and anxiously waited for cyrus to finish up.

when cyrus slung his backpack over his shoulder, he turned on his heels and nodded at tj, signaling he was ready. the two of them didn't speak as their minds raced back over the memories that just happened. it felt like a dream to the both of them.

tj has been dreaming about that moment for so long, and it was a lot different than he imagined it to be, but in a good way. every time he had the thought, his heart fluttered and his nose turned red. he always thought it felt real, like he could actually feel cyrus' presence in his mind, but after what he just witnessed, he definitely didn't feel anything.

if he felt cyrus in his mind, he would've exploded by now. his heart wouldn't have been able to handle it. cyrus was soft and warm. he felt so small in tj's grasp. he wouldn't change it for the world.

"are you taking the bus?" cyrus squeaked out, his voice still sounding tired. he looked very tired too.

tj shoved his hands in his pockets and pinched at his legs. he was nervous. he wanted to stay with cyrus, but he didn't know how to bring it up.

"actually—" tj trailed off as he bit his lip. his throat closed up causing him to swallow hard, opening it right back up. "i was thinking maybe i could come to your house and take care of you while you're sick. you know, maybe make you soup or something." tj rambled, speeding quickly through his words. "only if you want to, of course." tj added.

cyrus smiled warmly at tj, not being able to control how big it was growing. he just felt so cared for and loved in this moment, it made him extremely happy.

"i would love that tj, although you don't have to. i don't want you spending your afternoon with someone who's sick and catering to their needs."

"it's not a problem really. i want to." tj breathed out as he watched cyrus' eyes soften. he nodded gently and opened the door to outside.

"after you, teej."

"cy!" tj screamed, hoping to get the attention of the smaller boy who was laying down on the sofa in the other room.

it took a few seconds for cyrus to respond, but tj finally heard his voice chirp from the living room. "yeah?"

"your soup is almost ready! do you want me to bring it to you, or are you going to eat it at the table?"

cyrus smiled to himself thinking about how thoughtful tj was for doing this for him. although he wasn't feeling sick, it was still nice of tj to do this for him. although cyrus promised himself that tj would never find out that he's not actually sick.

"i'll come to the kitchen. thank you!" cyrus responded and got up from the couch, wrapping a small brown blanket around his shoulders, huddling inside of it.

as he approached the entrance to the kitchen, tj looked up at him and his eyes didn't want to leave. cyrus wasn't even trying, and he still looked like the most adorable human on this planet. his hair was ruffled up and beginning to wave at the tips, and the blanket draped off of him loosely, but he clung onto the sides, holding it to his chest. tj loved how cyrus clung onto things like that. it was one of the many things that made his heart melt.

"here you go, cyrus." tj spoke up, placing the bowl of soup on the table for cyrus while he struggled to push his chair out with one hand. he did it, although it was very slowly because of how tired he was.

"i really appreciate this, thank you tj." cyrus whispered, but not on purpose. he was very groggy and he still felt the lack of sleep from the other night.

"anything for you, little man. anything for you."

(a/n sorry i haven't updated in a hot minute! school has just been WILD and i'm just trying to get in the swing of things still. i hope you guys understand! also i'm probably going to pick up the next chapter right about where i left up on this one, so you'll get some more cute tyrus content of him helping him while he's "sick")