.10

of course cyrus liked tj kippen, but he never dreamed of the feeling being mutual. he would've never thought of tj as a softy or a hopeless romantic, but he proved him wrong. there was a whole other side to tj kippen that cyrus goodman didn't know about.

he felt his heart beat faster as his eyes scanned over his phone for the hundredth time.

tj was his secret admirer. he couldn't believe it.

message to: tj
um tj ?

before cyrus hit send, he deleted the words and tried again.

message to: tj
i actually do have your number, tj

'no.' cyrus thought, scrapping the text once again. he closed his eyes and felt his head start to spin. he didn't know how to go about this situation. should he tell tj the truth, or should he continue to go along with it.

cyrus chose the latter.

message to: tj
that's quite alright! in fact, i had a really great day! it was definitely one to remember :) have a great sleep, someone special

cyrus hit send and his stomach flipped with anxiety. since he knew it was tj, he was going to try and start dropping subtle hints that the feeling is mutual.

that night, cyrus goodman went to bed with the biggest smile ever, dreaming of the boy who stole his heart, tj kippen.

"how are things with you and your secret admirer?" buffy asked, wiggling her eyebrows jokingly. this question drew the attention of andi, who was in her own little bubble at the time. she was more into her lunch than her friends.

they haven't gotten to ask cyrus about his admirer in a while because jonah is always around them. today on the other hand, jonah wasn't in school, so the girls thought they would make the best out of it.

"um." cyrus swallowed, his face immediately going red. he couldn't tell them the truth, but he was also terrible at lying. "everything's basically the same as before. i still don't know who it is." cyrus mumbled as he picked up a few pretzels and shoved them in his mouth.

"what has he been saying to you?" andi smiled excitedly and leaned into the table. his two friends eagerly waited for a response, their eyes lighting up with happiness.

"the bells going to ring soon and i have chem which is on the other side of the building. i should get a head start so i'm not late." cyrus frantically shoved his belongings into his bag and stood up abruptly, leaving the table before his friends could object.

"well that was weird." andi acknowledged.

"yeah, it was."

cyrus walked down the empty hallway as he gripped onto the straps of his bag. he was dreading this class more than anything because tj was in it. even though tj didn't know that cyrus knew, he was still terrified. his crush liked him back. how could he act normal?

"walking to chemistry without me i see?" a voice said to cyrus, startling him out of his thoughts.

cyrus' face grew raspberry as he looked up at the boy next to him. tj.

"sorry, i just didn't want to be late." tj flashed him a warm smile which sent shivers up cyrus' body.

he wanted to cry. he wanted to scream. he wanted to throw up. all because of tj.

he's never felt these feelings before. it was like everything tj did, caused more butterflies to migrate to his stomach. his face always felt hot and his mind was clouded.

tj made him feel like no other. tj made him feel insane.

"you okay there, little man?" tj placed his hand on cyrus' shoulder, noticing how tense he was.

"i-i'm fine." cyrus stuttered, his breath hitching from the contact.

it was weird. he acted completely normal when he was with tj yesterday, but today he was excruciatingly flustered around him. it was all because now he knew. now he knew that tj had a crush on him as well.

you would think cyrus would get the courage to ask him out, but no. he was terrified.

"your face is all red." tj acknowledged, furrowing his eyebrows. he was clearly worried about cyrus. tj placed the back of his hand on cyrus' forehead and cyrus watched him intently as his eyes grew wide.

'why was he so touchy today?' cyrus asked himself. 'he's always like this, dumbass.' his subconscious responded.

"bud, you feel warm. i'm taking you to the nurses office." tj let his hand fall from cyrus' forehead and he snaked it around his back.

tj noticed cyrus tense up even more, which broke his heart slightly, but he didn't let it get to him. at least not now when cyrus needed him the most. "just incase you faint." tj mumbled, letting cyrus know why he was supporting his back.

cyrus was utterly confused. he knew he wasn't sick. he knew he wasn't going to faint. but something stopped him from telling it to tj.

"almost there cy, hang in there." tj informed, although cyrus knew where they were. they made their way down the last hallway in silence, keeping a slow pace for cyrus' sake; at least that was what tj was thinking.

"good afternoon, tj." nurse carlson greeted. "cyrus." she nodded towards him, smiling. she was always so sweet to him, he absolutely adored her. he felt like he could tell her anything. "what brings you two down here today?" she asked, averting all of her attention on the two boys.

"i think cyrus has a fever." tj answered, rubbing cyrus' lower back for comfort.

"let's hope not. come over here sweetie, let me take your temperature." nurse carlson gestured and cyrus walked over to her. "open your mouth."

cyrus did as told and she slid the thermometer under his tongue, telling him to close his mouth. tj came over to the both of them and put his hand back on cyrus' back, causing his cheeks to turn a light pink.

the thermometer beeped and it read 98.6 degrees fahrenheit. tj furrowed his eyebrows as he looked at the number. "that's weird. he feels really hot." he said in disbelief. "are you sure it's right?"

"positive tj, although he does look a little under the weather. how are you feeling honey?" the nurse put her hand on his forehead and raised her eyebrows in surprise. he was burning, but that was just because tj's hand was resting on his back.

cyrus opened his mouth to speak, but then stopped himself, an idea popping into his head. "i'm not feeling so good. i feel dizzy and cold. can i lay in the back?" cyrus spoke with a raspy voice as the nurse nodded. cyrus looked up at tj only with his eyes, waiting for him to speak up. if his plan works, tj should be saying something right about now.

"i can stay with him."

bingo.