.13

(a/n first off hello! secondly wHAT THE hell i still can't believe my story is number 1 in tyrus ?? i literally can't comprehend it there's so many more AMAZING stories out there, i don't know how mine managed to make it to number 1. thank you soooooooooo much ily)

cyrus lazily slurped on his soup, as tj sat opposite of him, innocently staring at the small boy. cyrus was too oblivious to notice tj gazing at him like he was a beautiful piece of art work, and tj was thankful for that. he would be overly flustered if cyrus found out and starting teasing him because of it.

"how is it?" tj spoke up, wanting to create some form of conversation between them. he couldn't bare the silence, especially if cyrus was around. he would much rather hear his voice.

"amazing." cyrus choked out, swallowing another spoonful of broth.

"i'm glad you like it." tj smiled lightly as his heart skipped a beat.

"i didn't know you could cook?" cyrus acknowledged over the sounds of metal hitting ceramic.

"i've been doing it my whole life. my parents aren't around too often, so i had to learn to cook for my sister and i. she did try once, but the house almost burned down. i took it upon myself to take charge from then on." tj chuckled, remembering the incident in his head.

"i didn't know you had a sister." cyrus titles his head in confusion and curiosity. the more he thought about it, the more he realized he didn't know as much about tj as he thought he did.

"amber, actually." tj spoke, a matter of factly and continued, "she's actually my twin sister, but i got held back because i keep failing math."

cyrus' eyes went wide in disbelief. "amber is your sister?" the volume of his voice raised out of pure curiosity. he had no idea.

he watched as tj nodded his head, confirming the question. "i would've never guessed that." cyrus spoke out loud, his words sounding more rude than he intended.

"why?" tj furrowed his eyebrows, trying not to become angry with cyrus. family came before anything in tj's world, and he couldn't stand to hear people talking bad about his sister.

"not in a bad way, it's just that i never saw that connection. that's really cool tj." the corners of cyrus' mouth turned upward as he stared back at the boy in front of him.

"it is cool." the boy smiled back, letting the conversation linger in the air for a moment before switching the subject.

"i'm going to clean up. do you want anymore before i put it away?" tj asked, pushing his chair out to stand up.

it was the little things tj did that cyrus was so fond of.

"you don't have to clean up, really. i can do it tj. you've done so much for me already today, thank you."

"you're not feeling well, it wouldn't be right of me to make you clean up. it's all alright, cy. besides, i made the mess anyway." tj ruffled cyrus' hair and chuckled lightly, making his way over to the counter before cyrus could object.

'i'm not even sick.' cyrus thought as the guilt poured over him. he was making tj do his chores when he was more than ok to do them. he didn't mean for this to happen of course, but he still felt bad about it.

"tj really. i can do it." cyrus grew more stern with his tone, causing tj to turn around and look at him.

"but you're sick and i—"

"no i'm not!" cyrus cut tj off, instantly regretting his words. he didn't mean to raise his voice at tj and he definitely didn't mean to say those words.

"wh-what do you mean?" tj stuttered, his voice growing quiet. cyrus' words ran through tj's mind, as he tried to process what they meant. surly he was sick, he saw it with his own two eyes. he felt his forehead. it was hot.

cyrus wanted to disappear from the world. he wanted to fade away into the walls and become apart of the earth itself. he didn't want to be here anymore. the tension in the room was unbearable, almost enough to actually make his wishes of being gone, true.

"i—" cyrus choked out, but he couldn't find the right words to say. he could feel his throat closing up on him, causing his skin to burn. his face was a deep red and his eyes began to sting. all he could do in this moment was let his body run its course, feeling hot tears stream down his cheeks.

"cyrus, bud, why are you crying?" tj put down the dishes and he frantically walked over to cyrus, without even thinking about it. he kneeled down in front of him and cyrus couldn't stand to look at tj, so he let his head fall into his hands, letting his sobs grow stronger. "cy, i think you're just very tired." tj spoke out, placing his hand on cyrus' back, rubbing it gently. "you just need another good nap, and you'll feel better. i know you don't want to be sick, but you are. i'll help you get better though. you'll be better in no time." tj comforted him, which helped the boy a lot, but not in the way tj thought he was.

'at least tj thinks you said that because you don't want to be sick. that was a close one, idiot.' cyrus thought to himself.

he picked up his head from his hands as he rubbed his eye gently with his fist. "don't cry, bud. everything's ok." tj smiled, raising his hand up to cyrus' face. "everything's ok." he whispered softly, running his thumb under cyrus' eye to catch his tears.

"i'm sorry." cyrus' squeaked out.

"there's no reason for you to be sorry, cy. you didn't do anything wrong. i understand how you're feeling." tj informed, continuing to wipe loose tears off of his cheeks.

"ok." is what cyrus said, but he really wanted to say,

'no, i'm sorry for everything. i'm sorry for lying to you. i'm sorry for pretending to be sick when i'm not just so i can spend time with you. i'm sorry for asking buffy for you number a while ago. i'm sorry that i know you're my secret admirer. i'm sorry that i ruined our friendship because of my mistakes. i'm sorry that i broke your heart. i'm sorry that i love you. im sorry for breaking your trust. im sorry tj. i'm sorry for being me. you don't deserve that.'

(a/n YO LOOK WHAT I DID

you should add it to your library and send me some prompts so i can get started!! thanks pals)