donuts & disappointments (k.s.j.)

made for and dedicated to @beautifuljihoon

you and kenneth walk arm in arm into millennium dance studio. kenneth was helping matt teach the class so you insisted on joining him so you could also learn the choreography.

"i gotta go warm up with matt, i'll see you at the end." kenneth states kissing your cheek and walking off.

you stand there looking around before noticing gabe in the corner stretching with will. you smile before quickly running over to him and jumping on his back.

"guess who?!" you whisper, causing him to smile and turn to hug you.

"we haven't seen you in forever y/n! when did you get back?" gabe asks with surprise written all over his face.

"so you not know that i was in the phillipine for awhile. and then i went back to australia to finish the convention with charlize and maddie and now i'm back here!" you explain hugging both boys again.

"we should definitely catch up later if you're free?" will asks you, whiles fixing his hat.

"i would love too." you hush before pulling them towards the middle of the room to learn the choreo that matt and kenneth were going to start teaching.

throughout the whole class you, will, and gabe learned the choreography with ease. the three of you would purposefully step on each other's shoes or bump into each other to mess each other up. they're soft giggles caught the attention of kenneth who was all the way up front leading the choreo.

he didn't know what it was but he had an urge to run over to the three and take his girlfriend away from them. was he jealous? no he couldn't be, he trusts you and knows that you won't do anything.

but he couldn't say the same about the flirtatious boys that you called you're best friends.

at the end of the class, it was time for the video portion of the class. the three of you were going through the transitions of the dance making sure they were clean and smooth. you guys then break to grab your waters planning to meet back together in a couple minutes.

kenneth walks over to you and pulls you in by the waiste, resting his head on your shoulder. you smile softly as you watch your reflections sway in the mirror infront of you.

"so me and they boys were talking." you start off grabbing his attention.

"were you?" kenneth asks sarcastically but luckily you didnt notice it.

"yeah and we wanted to go out for donuts after class." you state nervously causing kenneth to pull away from you and look at you in disbelief.

"we had plans tonight, before i leave for the phillipines and you go to mexico." kenneth says with an expression of sadness painted on his features.

"i know but we'll still have time later in the night and our flights aren't till the afternoon tomorrow, and i haven't seen them in along time they're like brothers you know that."

but kenneth knew exactly that and he didn't like it. you had a troubled upbringing and through dance you met gabe and will and they became your family, he didn't like the fact that you always wanted to be with them but you did know that they were there with you first and you need them.

"you know what fine. um, you go to your donut thing with the boys and i'll wait for you at home." he says running his hands through his hair with a sigh.

you give a small but sad smile which he weakly returns before walking away towards matt who was talking to the videographer.

"i missed times like these." gabe moans as he takes another bite out of his huge glazed donut. will hums in agreement, taking a sip out of his lemonade.

you chuckle softly at they're reactions before picking little pieces off of your strawberry frosted donut and eating it. you couldn't shake the sad expression of kenneth out of your head.

"you okay y/n, you haven't said much since we got here." will questions causing gabe to squint his eyes at you.

"me and kenneth had an argument today after class and he was so sad and mad and annoyed and i'm not sure if i want to go home. i'll just feel so guilty." you pour out causing the boys to look at each  other before getting up and walking over to the cashier.

they order to big glazed donuts to go. walking back over to the table they grab you and make you stand, shoving the bag into your hands.

"go to kenneth. me and gabe will facetime you tomorrow." will says leading the girl towards the front door.

"we'll also finish your donut for you." gabe calls out and before you knew it you were on your way to kenneth's house. walking up the front steps you knock on the door bracing yourself.

"oh wassup y/n. kenneth's in his room." matt says absentmindedly as he keeps his eyes on the tv screen. you nod before closing the door and taking off your shoes before making your way to your boyfriend's room.

you enter to find kenneth laying on his belly whiles scrolling through his phone. you knock on the door grabbing his attention. he looks at you before turning his attention back to his phone.

"i thought you were with the boys." kenneth asks monotonly not really caring for an answer.

"yeah but i missed you and i felt guilty so i can back and i brought you a donut." you say waking over to him and handing him his box of donut.

"i'm sowy." you say in a baby voice causing him to chuckle and pulling you in for a hug.

"that's okay. i overreacted." kenneth replies taking a bite out of the donut, savoring the sweet taste.

"and now we have the rest of the night to ourselves, so what do you want to do?" kenneth asks sitting up and pulling you up with him.

"anything you want to do." and with that he places a soft and gentle kiss on your lips before pulling you closer as you both were scrolling through your phones. both of you just enjoying each other's company.

author's note. hope you liked it!