Holly Jolly *Chris*tmas

The air was most certainly colder. The temperature was constantly below freezing, but it hadn't snowed yet. Christmas was only 2 weeks away, and the entire Junior class was losing their shit.

A/N; are y'all ok with me swearing? I feel bad lol :) k now back

In a combination of Finals and the winter Dance, not to mention everyone was starting to think about college (Which I was heavily avoiding), My grade was a wreck. There was so much going on I didn't feel like myself, either, which was weird.

Every day seemed like a spiral. Go to school. Come home. And then do it all again. My one good time, though, was lunch.

That's a sentence I never thought I'd say.

For the past couple of weeks, I've been sitting with the girls at lunch, and with Peter and his friends. I feel like a better girlfriend knowing his friends; that seems like something I should have done earlier. They were all sitting near me because they were convinced any day now, Peter would do a huge promposal for me, and they were trying to figure what it was.
When they asked Peter, he just shrugged and winked at me.

It was a Friday, and it was just as cold as ever. Lunch was chili, which was questionable coming from our cafeteria, but it was probably fine.

I was weaving my way through crowds of unnecessarily loud Freshmen and Sophomores, Stressed out juniors, and Seniors who had literally given up.

Of course, our table just had to be all the way in the back, and by the time I had made it there, I saw a brunette sitting next to Peter, In my usual spot, and he was talking a little angrily to her. Before I got there, though, she stood up, and flashed me a smile, and walked away.

It was Gen, and she looked completely different. I playfully nudged Peter over as I wiggled in between him and Hannah, who was on my other side, and was already stealing part of my cookie.

"What was that all about?" I asked Peter, who was shaking his head. I looked back over at Gen, who waved a little. She almost seemed...nice?

"She wanted to start over. With all of us. I guess It's a part of the new look he shrugged.

"Ok, but you aren't going to go for it, right?" Sabs looked menacingly at Peter, and all the girls mimicked her look, going on defense for me like the good friends they were.

"Of...of course not," Peter said, looking around.

Just then, my phone rang, and I spent a solid 5 minutes digging around in my bag for it. Turns out it was daddy calling, so I called him back.

"Hi, Daddy. What's up?" I said, casually, as Tucker threw a crumb across at Peter, who was mimicking me.

"Okay, don't freak out, it's nothing serious, but Kitty's in the hospital." He said, and even though he told me not to freak out, I was freaking out. My baby sis?

Everyone at the table must have seen my face, because they fell silent.

"Okay, um, what happened?" I said, but I wasn't really thinking.

My dad paused for a minute, and was talking to someone, but it was muffled.

"She just broke her ankle in basketball, pretty clean, she's all fine, but she'll just really wants to see you." He said, and I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding.

"Look, LJ," My dad said, "I gotta go, but just come after school ok? Don't worry about it, Kitty's fine. Oh," He said after a long pause, "and Kitty says to bring Peter." And that put a smile on my face.

When we hung up, I looked around at everyone's anxious faces, staring back at me. I gave them all a little smile.
"It's fine, guys, really, Kitty just broke her ankle. She's fine, though." I said, and I knew she was physically, but she would be extremely disappointed. Margo was coming in 48 hours, and Kitty in a cast wasn't a good combo. She would be bouncing off the walls and absolutely losing her mind.