Surprise, surprise. [Part one]

A/N: This chapter's gonna be in 2 shortish-er parts: here's part one.

It was the next evening, and I was kind of happy. 

I mean, don't get me wrong, The girls and I had made up, Peter and I were great, and I'll get to see Margo, but something just didn't seem right. I knew what it was, but I didn't like it.

The more time I spent with Peter and the girls, the more I realized I wanted a chance to actually be a teenager. So against my better judgement, I called Peter over and told him I wanted to go out. 

He seemed excited. I used to hate going to his parties, but now it was all I wanted to do on this Friday night. I knew I would regret it, but oh well. 

He rang the door, and I opened it to find him in basketball shorts and a lax t-shirt. His Nats cap was on backwards, and he was smirking.

A/N; I googled the baseball team for VA cause I've never even visited there, and it said the nats were for dc, so are they for VA too? Welp I'm confused but oh well here we go

I was in skinny jeans and a tight crop top that Margo picked out for me, and I didn't feel like wearing because it showed half of my belly button. I had a flowery kimono thrown over, and I was hoping I could just cover up with that.

Peter took my hand, and without another word, whisked me outside to his car, and I hopped in the passengers seat. 

"So, Peter, you still haven't told me where we're going," I said, turning to look at his profile. It was 7 pm and the sun was setting, and it cast a gentle glow across the hollows of his face.

He smiled and turned to look at me, and I knew him well enough to know he was admiring the sunlight across my face, too. He reached over and grabbed my hand, and pulled it up to kiss the back of it. 

"You're mine, Lara Jean," he said it so quietly I realized he was trying to convince himself it was real, so I leaned over and kissed his cheek, which was rough with a bit of stubble.

"We're going to something called a neon crasher," He said, pulling into a gated community, "At Ethan's house, and basically the entire student body's going." He pulled up and parked across the street from an already crowded house, which had a dark look, except for the glow radiating around it. Ah, black light, that was it.

"Oh. Is there alcohol?" I asked as Peter and I walked up. He chuckled and looked over and down on me.

"Babe. It's a high school rager, of course there's gonna be alcohol," He looked down at me as he stepped in, and I promised myself not to worry about anything tonight, just to have fun.

-

It was 2 hours later, and I was cold, hard, drunk. Ok, there was probably a little piece of sober somewhere in the back there, but I had lost Peter somewhere in the huge crowd, and needed to find him. I started jogging around in my little heeled boots, and finally turned up next to a pool, where Peter was sitting, his feet dangling off the side in a quieter side of the pool. I came up behind him, nearly slipping in someone else's vomit, and accidently shoved him in, and he by reflex, grabbed my arm and pulled me in after him. 

We locked eyes for just a moment before he pulled me in, both of us soaked, all our clothes on in the pool. His arm snaked around my waist and gripped my hip, while the other slid to cradle the back of my head, as he practically attacked me. 

"Where...were...you?" He asked between kisses, in the short amounts of time we had to switch sides, and I couldn't answer until he dipped his head down to my neck, and he kissed the upper part of my neck softly and more gently, so I started to answer, 

"Around, looking for-" But he moved. He swiftly wrapped my legs around his waist, and hoisted me up so he was now sucking urgently on the base of my neck, and I was at a loss for words. I mean, we've done it before, but this wasn't him asking for sex. He came up and looked into my eyes as he walked me over to the edge of the pool, setting me on the ledge, and pushing in so he was between my legs, still clothed in my soaked jeans and shirt.

"I love you. This isn't me asking for sex," He started, and moved so he could whisper in my ear, "This is just me telling you I love and need all of you, and I want your heart, Covey," I slid my hand to the side of his face and gently turned it to look at me.

"Are you drunk?" I asked, my voice a little slurry. He looked at me with a very serious face.
"No, I promised I'd take you home, " He said seriously.

He dipped down and latched onto my lips, biting my bottom one and pulling gently on it. I slid my hand to tug on his hair, enjoying the feeling as his tongue swiped my lip, but I kept them closed. For the first time, I wanted dominance, and I knew that it was the alcohol talking when I thought that. But he reached around an squeezed my butt, making me gasp enough for him to take it back, and I laughed. I was so drunk, it was 11 pm, and we were wet from the pool. I told him as much, and in another 20 minutes, we were in his car, me giggling constantly in a horrifically drunk state, and Peter, who almost couldn't keep his eyes off me. 

"Why are you looking at me so much?" I asked blatantly. He smiled and looked over at me again.

I was passed out in the front seat, at least almost. But he thought I was fast asleep, so he said ina quiet tone, "Because I'm realizing every day just how damn hard I'm falling for you Covey," His voice wavered a little, and I realized he was about to cry, and was only saying all this out loud because he thought I was asleep, "And you know, I promised myself I'd never get attached after my dad left, but I can't help it with you, Covey. I swear, you have every little piece of me wrapped arounf you, and I love you for it. " 

By now, we had reached my front door, and he was carrying me into the dark house: Kitty was asleep, and Dad had a late shift at the hospital.

He softly kicked my door open and laid me on the bed. I 'woke up', and he started to leave, but I gently pulled his arm and whispered, "stay", in my exhausted, drunken state.

After I had changed into sleep shorts and a tshirt, I slipped into bed. I felt him using a wipe to remove my makeup gently, and I smiled. That's how you know he's the one, Margo had always said, If he removes your makeup before putting you to sleep. Then, exhausted as well, he peeled his shirt off and slipped into bed beside me. I snuggled up to his bare chest, and he snaked his arm to rest across my hips, and we fell asleep, perfectly content.

AHHH Is this chapter cute, or is it cute?! I'm sorry, but I'm so in love with peter, goodNESS. Ok, second parts going up either tomorrow or Wednesday. We'll see. 

Love y'all, XOXO,

Graygray