The Bad Egg

My hearing is this morning. The girl in the room has been ignoring me. I now know why.

Mila has been pushing on behalf of Judge Kim that I was trying to help the two women against the Failure old woman. Empress, yep, I nicknamed the girl beside me as Empress because she's mighty and a strong one, I know that she has seen the news because Failure Court Tv is the one and only station that we can watch in our cells. If she only knew the truth, then she would know that she has an ally. I can be her ally.

I feel Empress' disgust through the wall, and I don't blame her.

Dad goes back to his work, I know he is exhausted as I am the headline of every newspapers and the topic of every TV stations particularly, the Failure Court Tv. Mom stayed by my side, she brought suitcase of my clothes for this trial. Empress watches her with a sarcastic look as mom lays out all my clothes. She shakes his head and I try to not think about her and put her presence out of mind as I need to save my own life.

"Mom, that's lot of white." As I run mybeyes over the pile of clothes

"White means purity" she casually said. How can I be pure if they want me to lie? I can't stomach the idea.

Mom removes the ones she doesn't like and put it back in her suitcase. In the emd, we settle on a black off shoulder top with white flowy skirt.

"That suits you. Your face looks sweet but your dress says 'don't mess with me' too." Mom says "bear in mind that perfection is everything in this world, love."

Jessica arrives with a woman that is in her early fifties. She looks preserved but somehow approachable.

"Roseanne" mom says as she turns her head in the woman's direction. "This is Ms. Bennett. She will be representing your case. Your aunt recommended her and says she's the best." Mom smiles at me.

Ms. Bennett offers me a big smile yet I don't trust her. I look over at Empress, who I caught staring at my newly representative, and she looks at her with so much suspicion. I must say, I agree with her instincts. Our eyes meet and she shakes her head as she walks around the far corner of her room.

"Roseanne." She jerks her head in Ms. Bennett's direction, then I realize I haven't acknowledge her yet.

"I'm sorry. I'm Roseanne Park. Nice to meet you, Ms. Bennett." I offer my hand and she takes it.

"So shall we begin?" She takes her seat and put her briefcase down on the table. "Today is just a procedure. You won't say anything aside from denying the Failure claim. Then they'll set a time for your trial tomorrow and you can go home."

I sigh. Relieved that it is going in rightful places.

"You just have to stick with me and we'll be fine. I've done this a million times but of course your case is unique."

"How could it be unique?" I ask in confusion.

"Usually, I don't have members if the press and MTV outside my house. Not even for a celebrity that I represented before. But then, young women always fascinates the media, that's why."

"MTV you say?"

"Yes, you are a very pretty seventeen-year-old, Roseanne. A good part of the Society, no serious problems, straight As in your report cards, a good singer, they saw your video you posted on your social media account. Plus, you are the niece of the Society's greatest and highest judge. What's not to love about this case? You represent the generation that is obsessed in perfection. Whatever clothes you wear, they will wear it tomorrow, whatever make up you use, they will buy it, whatever you shoes you wear, they will wear it, whatever perfume you wear, they will sell out by the end of the week. It will be called the Roseanne Park effect. The fashion industry will love you."