The Consequence

Jessica and Billy take me out of the court and lead me back into the waiting room. My head is still spinning from what just happened. I need someone to help bring it all back to me, to remind me what has happened.

"Jessica?" She ignores me and I feel her grip on my arm is tighter than usual and so is her face.

I see her scowl " do you have any idea how stupid you made me look? I believed in you, Roseanne. I told everyone that you were a good girl, that you were a hero in saving the citizens of society against the failures."

"I'm sorry. Sorry"

"It's done now!" She snaps

She takes me into an unfamiliar room, feeling afraid, uncertain of what will happen. Billy closes the door and I hear the lock. I am alone now.

Suddenly, I hear footsteps coming in my direction, loud, urgent step. I sit in the chair and brace myself.

"Open this door now, billy!" I hear Aunt Dahee shouts, i feel startled.

The door opens and I see  the flash of red suit. It is Aunt Dahee but it is not the aunt that I usually see. Her face is like thunder, about to explode.

"What the hell did you do?" She yells louder than a thunder, and I'm stunned.

Jessica looks at her, then me, a nervous look on her face as she quietly closes the door.

"Aunt Dahee, I'm-"

"Judge Kim!" She yells louder again " you will adress me as such at all times! Don't forget that I'm still the judge here, the highest judge to be exact. But you disrespected me in front of people!"

I nod crazily. She seems to notice the effect she's giving me so she calms a little bit.

"Roseanne, you promised me. You gave me your word. I put my word, my career, my image at risk for you but you betrayed me!"

"I didn't , I didn't think-" I stutter but she cuts me off.

"Yes, of course, you didn't think at all!" She says as she pace back and forth "my own press lied for your own sake. Seventeen year old young woman, educated, envied by other girls, they've built you up as a model" she rolls her eyes "and yet tou speak out in court, admits to and is proud to be a Failure? Do you have any idea how dangerous it is?" She comes closer to my face and I wonder how I ever found her immaculate because it is gone now, she looks like a monster. "Did you not understand, Roseanne? This is not about you, this is about our country's future, to have a reliable, perfect, ethically sound leaders who can make pure decisions. Did you not understand that?"

She is in my face, demanding explanations but I can barely think.

"I will not have the others make you as their poster girl. I wanted you to be on our side." She says. I'm not sure about what she said about the others, I'm guessing it's about the failures.

"I am on your side, always Aunt- Judge Kim" I correct myself "and I don't think you have anything to worry, I'm just a 17 year old girl, a nobody. I am no way a motivator, I can't lead anyone even if I tried. I just want to be normal and I don't want to be build up as something that I am not." Tears in my eyes are like ocean "I'm sorry if I embarassed you, to put you in this situation but I couldn't do it, I couldn't lie, that's not who I am. And I just couldn't let the old woman be punished for something that I did voluntarily."

"Who?" She asks, confused

"Lucia Fern, the old woman."

"But didn't anyone tell you? She died, Roseanne. She died last night, she wouldn't live to see punishment that's why I told you to lie."