The Traitor

It's close in the cabin, the small window doesn't allow any air in on the still, hot night.

We're tangled in the covers, my leg draped over Lisa's, my head against her chest.
My left hand is resting on her chest, guarding her brand, and her left hand is holding mine, her finger circling my palm. I don't know if she notices that this is the natural position we've both adopted.

"So I guess two Failures make a perfect," Lisa says, and I giggle. "I don't do jokes well," she says with a small smile.

"You don't need to. You just be serious and mean and sexy." I kiss her jaw.

"Then, You might fall in love with me harder?" Lisa asks.

"Is that a bad thing?"

"No, of course I'll reciprocate it for sure" she smiles

"You'll catch me when I fall?" I ask as if asking for a reassurance

"It's a privelege to catch you"

I feel my cheeks reddened.

"Rosie, I'm thinking about how to take Dahee down. We need to speak for the silence, we need to get our lives back and you are our hope"

"Are we seriously going to talk about it now, Lisa?" I asked. I got up and dressed.

A thought crossed my mind

"Is that why you slept with me?" I snap. "To make me fall for your plan? So you could use and persuade me to get to Dahee?"

"No," Lisa says, annoyed but calm. She doesn't raise her voice, doesn't get dramatic like me. She just says steadily, "Anything we can do to get our lives back, we should do."

"Why would you think that?" Lisa asked, hurt

"I don't know." I turn my back on her.

"Please don't think that I'm doing this for my own sake. I'm doing it for others, especially for you, I know how much you miss your family and your old life; It's just that you, uhmm, how would I say this" she paused and think of the right words to say " you happen to be the one destined to take her down"

I hate to admit it but she has a point.

I smiled "You know were there for me in court every day," I say, remembering. Lisa was loyal to me; She showed the support that a lover should expressed. "But you hated me when you first saw me." I smile, sitting back down on the bed.

"Hated you," she agrees.

"Hey!" I slap her playfully on her arm. She catches my hand and pulls me close.

"You were hugging Dahee," she says. "I remember you all, huddled around the table with your parents and her, trying to come up with a way out of it, your fancy clothes all laid out like they were going to fix it all."

I picture my story from her angle, and I don't blame her for hating me. It was pathetic.

"When did you stop hating me?" I ask.

She fixes me with an intense stare. "Approximately 30 seconds ago."

I shake my head, trying to hide my smile. "You're right, you don't do jokes very well."

"It was when I saw you in court for the first time."

"Judge Ramirez announced they weren't letting me home for the trial. You realized the Society wasn't on my side then."