32.

"Are you really walking all the way to our date holding me on your shoulder?" I questioned, trying to get on his nerves.

I have been pestering him with the same question ever since we left.

"If you ask me one more time I'll drop you face first on the floor."

I gasped in horror at his violent reply, "you wouldn't dare."

"Try me."

I did the only thing that came to mind in that very moment immediately regretting my actions.

I slapped Alec's ass with all the force I could muster.

His back tensed as he came to an immediate halt.

I gulped nervously as I only now realised what I had done. My cheeks turning a deep shade of red.

There was suddenly a painful sting on my ass amd I gasped in shock.

"You did not just hit my ass." I sputtered in disbelief.

"Only returning the favor sweet cheeks," I could practically sense the smirk on his gorgeous manly features.

We continued our journey in silence as I was too overwhelmed to utter a single word.

"We're here." He whispered, demeanour completely changed to a more serious one.

His stance seemed almost protective and I glanced up suspiciously only now noticing my surroundings.

"Alec where the hell are we?" My voice was barely a whisper, cautious of the dangers that seemed to lurk in this area.

"You'll fine out." His voice was even lower, throwing off warning signs.

"If this is your idea of a first date there sure as hell is not going to be a second one now put me down I'm ready to leave." My tone was final as I tried to sound authoritative, hoping he would listen.

As expected this had no affect on Alec what so ever.

"Calm down sweet cheeks you're safe with me. I'll never put you in any form of danger."

I breathed in deeply trying to compose myself before having a panic attack in the middle of what seems to be a death zone.

"Trish, look at me." Alec whispered gently, placing me on my feet and using his fingers to lilt my chin making me gaze straight into his captivating eyes. "You're going to be ok. I've got you. This isn't your normal first date but it will surely be a memorable one and the start of a true relationship."

I sucked in a sharp breath as my heart hammered painfully against my rib cage at his words.

Shivers ran up my spine and through my entire being as his words replayed in my mind.

"What are you implying Alec?" I could barely form a proper sentence as my body struggled for much needed oxygen.

He only smiled warmly, eyes twinkling before pulling me toward a small broken down, abandoned building.

I was in no state to make a snarky comment as Alec's words still held a strong affect on me, one I think may never fade.

"You ready?" He questioned looking me directly in the eye as we approached a small wooden door that looked just about ready to fall off its hinges.

I nodded unsure and he gave my hand a gentle squeeze and smiled reassuringly.

This simple action calmed my nerves but not fully as I did not know what to expect.

He knocked softly waiting patiently for entrance.

I glanced confused as he stood there.

"What are you doing Jake aren't you going to open it yourself?"

He raised a brow at me seeming taken aback.

"No someome has to let me in. I can't just barge in like that Trish." He sounded amused at my confused state.

My eyes widened in shock.

Someone lived here?

The door slowly opened a crack and an old woman's head peaked out cautiously.

"Alec!" She beemed excitedly as her eyes landed on his tall frame.

She did not seem to notice my presence as she held the door open wider, letting him in.

He pulled me inside and my eyes instantly scanned my surroundings.

The interior of the house was not appealing to the eye, yet had a homey feel.

But it did not seem like much of a home, I could not pinpoint what it reminded me of.

"Mary meet Trish." Alec introduced nudging me gently to capture my attention.

My head snapped up in his direction before slowly turning toward the old lady I now know as Mary.

She squealed waving her hands frantically. "Is this your girlfriend?"

I choked on air at her shameless outburst.

"No," I yelled frantically.

Her face dropped in disappointment and eyes grew glossy with tears.

I instantly panicked and spoke without a second thought.

"Not yet."

Her face birghtened as she smiled from ear to ear, wrinkles easily noticable.

I groaned in embarrassment and slapped my hands over my face trying covering the blush that crept up my cheeks.

I spared a glance in Alec's direction only to see him staring intently at me sporting an almost invisible smile, eyes holding an unreadable emotion.

I found myself staring back, unable to look away from his brown orbs that seemed to stare straight into my soul.

Someone cleared their throat awkwardly causing me to snap my gaze away.

"You two are so cute. I ship you." Mary gushed pinching both our cheeks.

Alec groaned and swatted her hand away but smiled warmly.

"So how is the little princess doing?" He asked sadly, eyes turning a shade darker.

I gulped at the sudden change in his mood, the atmosphere turning cold.

Mary smiled sadly.

"She refuses to interract with the other girls saying they're mean and don't understand her. She recently started asking questions Alec. Curious about the rest of her family and wonders if anyone even wants or loves her. It's so sad she's only eight. Now figuring out the world and deems it as such a horrible place." Mary choked back a sob as tears brimed her eyes.

I glanced at Alec to see his reaction.

His hands were clenched into fists shaking by his sides. Face contorted into one of pain.

I grabbed his fists and rubbed gentle circles on them trying to ease the tension.

I couldn't stand seeing him like this, it brought me a rush of pain.

I didn't notice the tears that fell from my eyes until Alec wiped his thumb against my cheeks.

He managed a pained smile that did not quite reach his eyes before uttering those few words that broke me.

It broke me because he was broken.

"Time to meet my little sister."

Amxryy

VOTE&COMMENT