1

It wasn't at all what Noel was expecting. 

Where were the boys with the polished shoes and hairs that were slicked back, thick chunks of hair gel shining on the styled strands? Rather than a school for absolute angels, boys that were shown the right way, far from the past mistakes they had done, he was thrown into a school filled with devils. 

With his small, timid frame, he forced his trembling limbs to take a step forward, suddenly growing extremely self-conscious when he realized that he was the center of attention. Boys with messy hairs that were spiked in all sorts of directions bared their teeth at him in attempts of frightening him. They were surrounding Noel, proud of themselves when they managed to get a reaction out of the boy. Noel began to shrink away, wincing as one lunged forward, stopping midway and laughing hysterically at Noel's reaction. 

The poor boy was just trying to get to his room. His fingertips itched, his body alert, begging him to turn around and just leave this place. But he knew he couldn't. He was bound to this place for at least a year. It really was a bummer. From his first appearance at the school, he was already the pushover, again. 

The school wasn't at all crowded or huge. It was fairly small, the walls freshly painted, hiding away the years of torment it lived throıgh, the boys writing obscure things all over the walls, painting and writing vulgar things that made the school look bad in front of newcomers. Well, their parents at least. The new students were all thrilled, mischevious looks plastered onto their faces when they realized how much fun they were going to have. 

Observing the school and making a run for the stairs, he began climbing up, the faint echo of the devils laughing still ringing in his ears. When he climbed a few flights of stairs, Noah slowed down to give his hammering heart a break, panting as he set the suitcase down. He had been clutching it close to his chest so it wouldn't make any noise when going upstairs with such speed. He also had a heavy backpack that made his shoulders ache, adding tons of pressure onto his neck and upper back. 

Noel sighed, still out of breath. With high hopes of making a brand new expression, having a new, better reputation than his old school, Noel was let down from the first minute. Despite the bumming circumstanced, he didn't want to complain, knowing the place was much better than back at home. His eyes watered just thinking about it. Noel decided that he would get some fresh air outside once he finished moving into his new room.

 He clutched his suitcase tightly, a proud expression displayed on his soft features. He was going to make the best out of his condition. Noel was going to pay for his past mistakes. He was going to let his teachers guide him to the correct path and obtain the right behavior. And if going through hell was the only choice he had, then he was determined to do it, pushing his boundaries and stepping out of his comfort zone.

He continued climbing up the stairs, exiting the area when he was on floor six. His room was 626, the number dangerously close to the devil's number. How ironic. 

While walking and shaking his head, his caramel curls bouncing slightly with his motions, Noel stopped. He hadn't even realized that he was standing right in front of room "626". He brought his hand upwards, double checking that it was the right room and matched the number on his info card. It sure was.

 With a deep breath and high hopes, he pushed the keys into the slot, turning it with slight difficulties, and softly pushed open the door. Expecting some huge boy with tattoos all over his body to attack him beastly, he flinched, bracing himself for the painful impact. However, it never came. He peered left eye open, relaxing his tense muscles when he stared into the empty room. His roommate hadn't arrived yet, thankfully.

Noel shut the door behind him, looking around the room, pulling his suitcase next to him as he set his bag down. The room was all neat, tidied up, the room spelling off fresh daisies. Noel sucked the air in, savoring its sweetness before it was completely destroyed by his roommate's supposed body odor. He himself was very clean, having had showered before taking the bus to his new home. 

He noticed that the single window inside of the room was open, letting in some dazzling sunlight beams that kissed Noel's face. The dazzling sunlight that was slowly rising upwards seemed to welcome the boy, the only thing that made Noel feel welcome. With a slight, goofy smile, he averted his gaze to the bunk bed that leaned against the wall. He needed to act quickly in order to claim the top bunk as his own. 

Thinking sharply, he began to unpack, putting his clothes, pajamas, personal belongings into their place. He placed his spare notebooks onto a free portion of his own table, flinging his teddy bear up onto the top bunk. He smirked, knowing that he had marked his territory, And he bent down to close his suitcase, done with unpacked and now beginning to move onto decoration, the door unlocked once again, the candied smell of peppermint filling the dorm room. 

Noel froze, realizing that his roommate had entered the room. "The top is always mine," he growled in his deep voice, the authority strong and evident in his tone. Noel shakily composed himself, turning around to face the boy he was sharing a room with.