7

Walking the streets in such cold weather was making Noel regret not taking his fluffy coat with him. He rubbed his arms up and down, trying to make himself feel somewhat warm though it didn't do any wonders.

The streets were fairly empty, a few people walking here and there. The sun had gone out, hiding behind the vast majority of the clouds.

The gloomy, gray clouds that made Noel feel equally as gloomy. He walked slowly, taking his time. He couldn't even keep track of it since he didn't have his phone with him, carelessly leaving it behind since he assumed his work was going to be over fast.

He continued walking, a thick blanket of mist surrounding the area, making him squint his eyes to make out his surroundings.

He was aware of the fact that there was a supermarket located somewhere close to his school. He was desperately trying to find it, too shy to ask for directions from the few people walking past him.

Noel managed to spot a sign with neon lights that read the name of the market. He smiled, knowing that this was the one.

He walked closer, baskets full of different kinds of fruits and vegetables entering his sight. With a small smile, he entered through the automatic doors, the doors opening as soon as they sensed him come close.

He looked around. It was bright, somewhat crowded inside. Food aisles stacked with wonders. Noel admired the market for a while, turning to the first aisle he saw. He searched for some ramen and foods that could last them for a while.

He had his credit card with him as well as the money Roman had lent to him. He walked around, grabbing a few packets of ramen on the way. He grabbed a shopping cart, placing the food inside, pushing it gently as he looked around.

In the end, he had filled the cart up with snacks consisting of chocolate, chips, more chocolate, and popcorn. He also grabbed some healthy things as well, like fruits, vegetables, and chicken.

Once he was satisfied, he went to the cashier, got in line and waited for his turn to come. He tapped his foot onto the floor, looking at the back of the man in front of him.

When it was finally his turn, he helped the cashier scan the food, putting them in plastic bags and paying for them. It took a total of fifty-six dollars, something that made him regret buying all that crap. He was going to pay Roman back.

With a goodbye, he left the market, quickly walking back to school since it was somewhat dark outside. Noel was caught up with the food that he had forgotten all about keeping track of time.

Soon, after ten minutes or so, he was standing out his dorm room, the heavy bags hurting his fragile arms as he struggled to open the door. Once he managed by putting them onto the floor, he unlocked the door, let himself in and grabbed his bags.

Noel set the groceries onto the counter, sighing and taking his phone into his hand. When he felt a hand on his shoulder, he shrieked, jumping in surprise, whipping around to meet the owner of the hand that had startled him.

Roman stood there, smirking. "That's a lot of ramens you have over there." Noel blushed, hanging his head, "S-Sorry, I couldn't help myself. I'll pay you back, I'm sorry." Roman dropped his smirk, "no need. We're going to be sharing the snacks anyways."

Noel smiled, up at the boy, "Want to watch a movie then?" Roman ruffled his hair, "Something horrific and bloody? I'm up for that." Noel shook his head. "Sorry, I want to sleep tonight."

The small boy thought about the possibilities, "Okay, how about fantasy?" "Or we can watch Fifty Shades Darker." "No way!"