9

The next morning, the sun seeped through the window blinds. It was annoying, to say the least, having a sunray land directly on your eye as you slept. Noel was woken up, frustrated because of his interrupted sleep. His eyes fluttered open as he instantly shielded his eyes away from the beaming light. With a grunt, he sat up, rubbing his eyes violently. He scrunched his nose up, standing up, careful to not hit his head as he attempted to shut out the unbearable light. 

Noel's bed was unorganized, his sheets wrinkled, his body's outline apparent on the blank sheets. Unlike Roman, who had brought his own pair of sheets, Noel was bound to the old-fashioned white sheets, but he wasn't complaining. At least he had sheets to sleep on. 

Even if the sun had disrupted his sleep, he still took the time to look outside, the sun slowly rising to the top, the shades of pale pink and blue spread across the sky, the colors complimenting each other. Noel felt fresh, at peace, free when he witnessed the scene. The serenity was endearing, charming, and refreshing. 

With a large smile, Noel bid his goodbyes to the view, shutting the blinds and allowing darkness to overtake the room. His eyes began to droop as he yawned, feeling his eyes weighing down. He peered over at Roman, who was facing the wall, his face hidden from display and the sunlight. Noel's heart thundered when Roman squirmed in his sleep. The sound of his body moving on the mattress was the only sound in the room other than Noel's rapid heartbeat. 

Soon, his nervous nature abated, and he could relax his tense muscles. He tiptoed over to the bunk bed, crouching down and laying on his bed. He stared at the mattress above him, slowly and hesitantly reaching up, caressing the soft mattress. He knew Roman was right above him, and that made him feel somewhat safe. Noel's hand shook as he placed his palm flat on the soft material, feeling the mattress shake as Roman fidgeted once again. 

Immediately, as if the mattress had burned him, he retreated his hand when Roman sat up suddenly, placing his over his heart. He laid there motionless. He felt as if he did as little as breath he would die instantly. The ladder connecting the upper bed to the floor began to creak, Noel inhaling sharply as he swallowed the lump in his throat. His palms were clammy against his chest. He laid straight and properly, like an army soldier. 

Roman jumped off the ladder, peering at Noel, who had shut his eyes tightly, trying not to make it obvious. But he looked absolutely hilarious, laying as still and as straight as a stick. Roman kneeled down, smirking as he heard Noel's breath shallow slightly. He placed his hands on either side of his pillow, leaning in slowly, taking his time. His shadow covered Noel's face and soon, the petite boy could feel Roman's breath on his face. 

Noel stopped breathing and he swore to God that his heart stopped with it. 

Roman parted his lips that were dangerously close to touching Noel's ear. "I know you're awake," he sensually whispered, making Noel sit up frantically, panting as he gasped for breath. Roman raised an eyebrow, sitting on his knees. "Are you alright?" Noel coughed, desperate for air. Roman rushed to get him a glass of soothing water, which Noel gulped down quickly. 

"Sorry, I was holding my breath." "I know, I saw you." Noel blushed, "I-I-" "We should head to class, it starts soon." Noel slowly stood up, rubbing his eyes and yawning, walking past Roman to go and grab his uniform that consisted of a white button-up shirt, black pants, and a black tie. He grabbed his clothes and headed straight to the bathroom to protect his privacy. 

He changed with difficulty, brushed his teeth then played with his soft and adorable curls. After using the bathroom, Noel stepped out, surprised to see Roman dressed and ready to go. In fact, he was playing Helix Jump on his phone, bored. "I-I'm ready," stuttered Noel. Roman put his phone away, smiling gently. 

"Let's go."