16

Noel was stunned. Why was he asking him where he was at? Had he not turned him down already? And what about his date? He stared at the text message for a while, contemplating whether to answer or not.

"Roman texted me," he informed in a hushed voice, almost as if he was too shocked himself. "What did he say?" Sky asked, unbothered as he gobbled his waffles down. "He asked me where I was." Ethan frowned, nobly sipping his drink.

"He has a date. Why would he ask that?" "I don't know. Should I answer?" Ethan nodded, "Go ahead." Noel quickly sent him his location and got left on read. Now, he waited in anticipation to see what would happen next. Sky spoke up once again, "What did he say?" "He left me on read." 

Sky gasped, jaw dropped in shock. "He left you on read!? Block that bitch." Ethan glared at Sky and gave his thigh a little warning slap, "No cursing." Sky pouted and looked at him apologetically. "Why can't he curse?" Ethan, alarmed, looked away with a blush, Sky grinning. "No reason. I just don't tolerate cursing little boys." "What would you do if I cursed?"

Ethan chuckled darkly, "Glare at you until you feel uncomfortable enough to never curse in front of me again." Noel tried to laugh but it came out as an awkward cough. Sky then gasped excitedly, eyeing the door and ducking down slightly. "Sk-" "SH! Get down!" Ethan and Noel shared looks before obliging. 

Noel's heart began to ache as he saw Roman step into the restaurant, a beautiful girl holding onto his arm tightly. He was wearing blue jeans and a white top covered by a leather jean jacket. They were laughing as they went to the front desk and asked for a table.

With a rapidly beating heart, Noel refused to blink, afraid that if he did he would miss something, something horrible. If that "horrible" thing happened, he wanted it to happen in front of him. Roman's eyes met Noel's teary ones as he turned to kiss the girl. He smirked into the kiss, forcing his tongue into the girl's mouth. Noel blinked hysterically and looked away, his appetite long gone. 

Sky grimaced at the sight, "Ew. They need to get a room, seriously." Ethan nodded with a disgusted expression, agreeing.  Noel was too sick to reply, which caught the attention of both boys. "Are you okay?" Sky questioned, closely studying his facial expression to try and understand what was wrong with him.

Noel forced a tight smile, nodding. "I'm fine, guys, really." The smaller of the three giggled, cutting up a piece of his waffles and pushing his plate towards Noe, "Would you like to try some?" Ethan smiled at the kind boy lovingly, "You should have some. They're really, really good. He made me try some the first time we came here. Ever since then, he hasn't tried anything other than those waffles."

Noel, stunned, smiled shyly before nodding. "I'll have some." Sky stabbed the piece he had cut and offered the fork to him. He bit into the sweet treat and was overwhelmed with taste. He had never tried pancakes or waffles before and to say that he was in heaven was an understatement. With wide eyes and a shaking hand, he stared off into the distance, too amazed to even utter a single word.

"Is he okay?" Ethan asked, actually concerned. Sky chuckled, smirking as he leaned back. "He's experiencing The Void Of Purity." "What's that?" "It's where you go after you have a bite of this goodness." Once Noel came back from his trip to the void Sky was talking about, he grinned. "It's delicious, Sky. Thanks." 

That was when he noticed Roman accompanying the girl towards the table right next to them. He maintained eye contact with Noel, which confused him to the core. Why was he acting so pushy and mean? Did he know something? Noel's blood ran cold at the thought of Roman knowing. It would be game over for him. 

The beautiful girl giggled obnoxiously as Roman whispered something into her ear. Noel had to look away, otherwise, he would faint. He stood up abruptly. "I-I have to use the bathroom." Both boys dismissed him. 

Noel ran to the bathroom, panting as he looked at himself in the mirror. His normally-pale cheeks were flushed and his eyes were clouded. His pouty lips were red from his biting on them too much. He clutched his shirt and swallowed a few times, eyes bulging as he tried to control his heartbeat. 

Almost shrieking when the bathroom doors opened, Noel backed up, shocked when Roman came in. He pushed the door closed and locked it. "Hi, angel," he taunted, grinning like the Chesire Cat. He stepped towards him and checked himself out in the mirror, smoothing out any wrinkles his shirt had. 

He looked at Noel through the mirror, "What? Cat got your tongue?" "H-Hi," the smaller boy whispered, playing with his fingers rather cutely. "W-Why'd you come here?" He asked, actually curious. "What? I can't come to such a beautiful restaurant with a beautiful girl? Isn't that allowed?" 

He cocked an eyebrow, daring Noel to object. "I-I hope you have fun on your date." Noel tried to offer him a smile, but instead, a little whimper left his mouth as he refrained from crying. 

Roman's smirk dropped. "Hey, are you okay?" Noel smiled for a second, then darted to the door, unlock it, and ran out. He sat down quickly, Ethan and Sky staring at him with judgemental gazes. "C-Can we leave? I-I don't feel too well." 

Roman was calmly walking back to his table when he saw the three boys paying for their foods. Confused as to why they were leaving so suddenly, he continued watching, watching until they walked towards the glass doors, opened them, and left without looking back again. He had to admit, he felt uneasy when Noel refused to look at him, not even once.