3

Noel stood there, blinking like an idiot with the most bizarre poker face he could muster, afraid that the skinny boy in front of him would inflict pain on him somehow. He was speechless, very freaked out that someone was talking to him normally.

The boy gave him a perplexed look, tilting his head, causing his curly hair to flop to one side, his dark brown eyes twinkling with confusion. "Uh, dude. Are you okay?" His voice was high pitched, a little too high for a boy his age.

Noel blinked, shaking his head, scolding him for blowing the opportunity to make a decent friend. If not that, then maybe an acquaintance. "Sorry, I was in a daze," he spoke, his voice cracking, putting him in a predicament.

He cleared his throat with a cough, blushing at the thought of already making a complete and utter fool out of himself. "I'm Sky," the boy grinned, extending his hand outwards as a way of greeting his new friend.

Noel stared at it before shaking it a little too enthusiastically. "I'm Noel." Sky's eyes lit up, "So you're the new kid?" He repeated his question, not getting an answer previously. "Yeah, I just transferred here."

Noel was very nervous, acting like a bovine person when it came to meeting an unfamiliar face. "Which grade?" The boy asked, very persistent on getting to know Noel, which warmed his heart.

"I'm a junior this year, you?" "Same here, did you meet your roommate yet?" Sky was eager to learn more about Noel. He was a very dogged boy, a little taller than Noel, not very muscular either.

"Unfortunately, it's-" Noel was cut off when Sky was tackled by a messy boy, capturing Sky in a tight headlock and ruffling his hair.

"Hey, Sky! Who's your friend?" The older, obviously more muscular boy asked, and although a tight smile was plastered across his face, he stared deep into Noel's soul as if telling him to back off.

He had a very dark aura emitting from him, eyes stretched open unnaturally as he gazed as Noel creepily. He dropped the act when Sky snarled at him, fixing his hair as he introduced Noel.

"This is my new friend, Noel. We were having a lovely conversation before you butted in, Ethan," Sky resorted, crossing his thin arms over his chest. "Ethan" chuckled darkly, no humor in his tone as he continued glaring at Noel, who was growing uncomfortable under his stare.

Ethan stood behind Sky slightly, miming a motion in which he sliced his neck open with his finger. He then proceeded the point at Noel, who nodded vigorously, indicating that he understood. Ethan could easily snap his neck in two if he really wished to do so, so he was cautious to keep his distance with Sky.

"So, who's your roommate?" Noel averted his eyes to the grinning boy whose emotions seemed to be all over the place, changing from something negative to positive in seconds. "Roman Halls." It seemed as if the entire field's heads snapped towards the small boy, like robotic beings.

It was honestly creepy the way their heads turned, perfectly in sync. Sky's jaw dropped, Ethan snickering. "Dude..." He began, not knowing how to put his thoughts into words.

Noel listened intently, concerned about his well being.

"The last person to room with Roman ended up with a broken hip and a broken leg. Nobody dares to interfere with him because contentious, pugnacious and truculent. He's ruthless, I'm telling you. You better be conciliary if you wanna live in that room."

Noel's heart dropped. He knew Roman. Sure, he was intimadating and scary, but... but that was extreme.

"Let's just say that in a school of devils, he's the Satan around here."