17

After his "date" with his friends had ended, Noel felt uneasy about everything. Not only was he not feeling well, but he also felt deeply hurt. He knew Roman had willingly and on purposely come to the same cafe. Maybe it was to taunt him. Or maybe he wanted to hurt the younger.

Noel felt empty when opening the door to his shared dorm with Roman. The lights were off and the air inside was stuffy. With a little sigh, he shut the door and turned the lights on, brightening the place and his mood at once. He was very hungry because of the fact that he didn't have money to order food back at the cafe. So Noel hurried to the kitchen and turned the stove on. He was going to prepare Roman and himself some dinner.

He opened the small fridges and took a look inside, scanning the limited supply of foods. He didn't have many options for dinner but making some ramen again. He sighed. Noel didn't want this dinner to be so bland. His eyes landed on the tomatoes and that's when an amazing, marvelous idea popped into his brain.

He was going to grade some cheese and make the best tomato sauced, cheesy ramen dish ever. With an excited giggle, Noel hurried to prepare his star dish, working hard, not rushing that much since it was late afternoon. He even had a pink little apron to match with his adorable outfit. As he was grading the parmesan cheese, he felt the front door open. He was saddened by the fact that Roman wouldn't be surprised when the dinner table was set, but he tried to finish up quickly.

Roman smiled adoringly when the delicious smell of tomato sauce and pasta hit him in the face. He wiped the smile off when entering the kitchen, the whole counter a huge mess. "Noel!" He yelled, the boy almost dropping the bowl with the sauce. He grinned innocently, "I was making us some dinner, wanna try?" "No, I DON'T want to try. You better clean up this mess." Noel's smile didn't waver, "Of course I will. Would you want sauce with the ramen? I didn't mix them together yet."

Roman looked at the cooked ramen with a death glare. He was famished, but he wouldn't eat it. Not when spending more time than necessary would allow Noel to like him even more. "I don't want something as disgusting as that." Noel's smile fell this time. "Wouldn't you want to give it a try? I did my best when preparing it..." Roman was about to open his mouth, but he didn't want to hurt Noel more than he needed to. "No. I don't want anything from you."

Noel nodded slowly, a little whimper rising up his throat, which he fought off. "Okay." He said before turning towards the cheese again, grabbing the ramen and placing them on a single plate. Roman left the room soon after. Noel then poured some of the sauce over the ramen, sprinkled the cheese and then grabbed a clean fork, digging into his delicious meal.

His eyes were wide at the first bite. It tasted better than he had expected it to. He let out a satisfied moan and then continued to eat alone in the dark kitchen.

Meanwhile, Roman's eyes had snapped open at the sound Noel let out. He waited a few minutes before he heard the tap water turn on and plates being washed. He chuckled lowly, but then stopped. Noel wasn't hungry, that was obvious, but he knew that he was hungry because of him. He clenched his jaw without a single word and then shut his eyes again.

This went on until he heard small knocks coming from the door. Noel peeked his head through as he opened the door, "I-I um, b-brought you some ramen. I-It tastes good, I promise." Roman sat up, staring at the tray where the steamy ramen was at. Noel still had his untouched and untainted apron on. "Noel, what did I tell you?"

Noel's eyes were fixated on the floor as he was unable to make eye contact with someone as intimidating as Roman. "Y-You s-said," "Yeah, c'mon. Spit it out." "Y-You said n-not to ma-make any for you." "That wasn't what I said." "T-That you didn't want anything from me." "Exactly. Then what the fuck is this?!" Noel's bottom lip quivered slightly as he flinched at the sudden rise of voice, which failed to catch Roman's attention.

"I-I thought-" "You thought what? Noel, I told you this before and I'm saying it for the last time. I don't care about you and I don't want ANYTHING to do with you. Just stay away from me before I do something I'll regret." Noel nodded with tearful eyes but pushed the tray towards him slightly. "B-But aren't you going to ha-" He yelped when the plate was smacked off the tray and onto the floor, sauce flying onto his face slightly. The floor was a mess, sauce everywhere. He was thankful that they didn't have a carpet there.

"GO AWAY!" Roman's fists shook and so did Noel, who was frozen to the core. With his face slightly dirty and violently shaking hands still holding the tray, he stared at Roman with terrified eyes. Slowly, tears began to stream down his face and a sob escaped his throat. And soon, he began to sob and shake in front of Roman shamelessly, lowering the tray and trying to wipe his tears away.

Roman was frozen. He had no idea what do and what the immense pain that haunted him was and why his heart felt like it was being snatched out of his chest and stepped on with spiked boots. "N-Noel-" Roman stuttered, his eyes softening ever so slightly. "Y-You're so mean!" Noel finally said, running to the bathroom.

"Shit," Roman softly cursed, looking at the mess he had made. He relaxed when he heard the shower turn on, which meant that Noel wasn't doing anything self-destructive. With a sigh, he grabbed a mop and began to clean the mess .