2

Noel shuddered as he turned around, keeping his eyes set on the floor, glancing at the Valentino shoes his roommate was wearing. They looked burnished, newly cleaned, looking as posh as ever. Noel wondered about the amount of money his family had spent buying it for him. Maybe he had bought it for himself.

"Eyes up here, dude." Noel slowly brought his gaze up. It seemed as if his eyes could never reach the boy's face. He was ridiculously tall and muscular, his arms stretching the sleeves of the shirt, bulging. He was wearing a crimson red shirt and basic sweatpants. Once Noel met his piercing, dark blue eyes, his heart stopped.

Noel felt a cold dread fill his stomach, his body freezing suddenly. He dived into a pool of an endless denial. This couldn't be happening. His fingers were rhythmically shaking as if he was in spasm. He was white as chalk, his hazel eyes and quivering lips frozen yet wide open. It formed an expression of stunned surprise. Not today, he prayed. Oh, God, not today.

The handsome, prepossessing boy gave him a bored look as if he was waiting for a reaction. This was the same boy Noel had had a crush on a few years ago. The memories of writing in his diary about him came rushing back to him, the times he daydreamed about Roman Halls, the boy that every girl so desperately loved, some boys even sharing the same admiration.

His breath hitched when Roman took a step towards him, stomach churning with nausea filling his senses. His nostrils began flaring, blood drained from his face. Noel's mouth opened and closed like a goldfish. He remained as still as a statue, ridged as a board. He couldn't move, not even blink. Roman scoffed, waving his hand over his face to grab Noel's attention.

Noel came back to his senses, blinking rapidly for a few seconds before he spoke finally, stopping the act of making a complete fool of himself. "S-Sorry. You reminded me of someone." That was a complete lie. Roman wasn't reminding him of somebody, he was that somebody.

"Roman," the guy spoke, walking towards the bed and grabbing Noel's bags, gently putting them on the bottom bunk. Noel's heart stopped. That got rid of any chances of the boy ending up being a doppelganger. He really was his former crush. "I'm Noel." Roman smirked, eyes sparkling with mischief before he turned around again, his smirk gone.

"I'm heading out for a while. I'll leave you be." Noel nodded vigorously, glad to finally be able to breathe properly. He was on the verge of having a complete nervous breakdown. Noel ran to his bed, jumped on it face first and screamed into his pillow, hitting the uncomfortable mattress.

Once he was over his childish fit, he sat up, not having to deal with the problem of hitting his head onto the bed above because of his lack of height. He glanced at the unpacked luggage on the ground. Deciding to do Roman a favor, he stood up and began to put away the boy's belongings.

It took him a good half an hour before he completed the task. Noel put the bag away, deciding to have some sort of interaction with other humans. He needed friends to support and back him up against those devils. There was always a possibility of finding somebody decent.

Before he walked out of the room, he grabbed the diary he had brought with him, sliding it under the bed, hoping that nobody would find it. Ever.

With a final glance, he grabbed his phone and key, heading out of the dorm room.

---

Noel regretted ever stepping a foot outside of the dorm room. Students were out on the field, playing football together, some yelling at each other, some kids beating another up. He was terrified. Noel didn't fit in at all with the aggressiveness the students were displaying. The teacher wasn't even stopping the outrageous mayhem.

He stood there, awkwardly twiddling with his shirt, eyes widening when he saw a crowd forming around something. He decided the check it out, suddenly curious. Maybe somebody was performing a trick, a talent of theirs perhaps?

Noel neared the crowd, having to push through to catch a glimpse of the cause of the hubbub. He gasped, watching two muscular boys beating each other us, rage swirling in their reckless eyes.

The first boy's lips were busted, bleeding down and soaking his white shirt while the other boy had a black eye and multiple injuries. Yet none of the two was showing any signs of stopping, still going at each other like two insatiable bulls.

Noel wanted to scream at them to stop before one of them ended up being hospitalized. Before he could interfere, he was yanked back a little two harshly, a boy around his height looking at him with curious eyes.

"You must be the new boy," he spoke with a grin.