6

Noel yelped, jumping in fright as he whipped around, facing the muscular beast. Roman stood leaning against the table, his arms crossed over his chest. His eyebrows were knitted together, impatiently waiting for Noel to answer his question.

Noel clenched his fist, his hand clammy against his quivering fingers. He gritted his teeth. Roman knew damn well what had happened.

He was a witness to a scene in which somebody needed severe help, yet he chose to walk away, not even reaching out for help.

"What's it to you?" He said, not even trying to bit back his rude remarks. Roman chuckled, pushing himself off, uncrossing his arms as he wandered around the room.

"You know, Noel," he began, Noel's name rolling off his tongue like sweet, sweet honey, making butterflies explode inside of Noel's stomach. Their vivacious wings fluttered against Noel's walls, tickling him in the sweetest way possible.

"We aren't good people" Noel felt stunned, standing as still as a stick thinking that if he did as much as move an inch, the boy would lunge at him in means of ripping him apart.

"What do you mean?" Noel asked, his strong facade long broken down. He was once again the shaking little boy that couldn't even defend himself against a bunch of schmucks.

Roman chuckled, "You're too pure to be here, Noel. Has no one never told you what this school is, what its purpose is?"

Noel could only shake his head, his knees about to give away as Roman stepped closer, appearing like a hungry demon wanting to devour a soul.

"Let me tell you." He crouched down eye level with Noel, whose eyes were darting from place to place, breaking eye contact every two seconds. He wasn't confident enough to maintain eye contact, especially with Roman who was the definition of intimating right now.

"This is a school for boys who got themselves into trouble." Noel raised an eyebrow, his nose twitching slightly. "Let me clarify. Drugs, crime, trouble with the law, Et Cetera. What trouble did you get into to have been sent here?"

Roman searched Noel's eyes, smirking when all he saw were two panicking eyes. "I-I don't want to say."

"What? Did you get a bad grade from math or something?" Roman stood up straight, digging his hands into his pocket. He was having fun teasing the small ball of anger.

Noel furrowed his eyebrows, "You don't know anything about me, Roman. I suggest you keep your juvenile comments to yourself."

Roman sighed, nodding. "Alright, alright. I'm just messing with you." Noel looked down, rubbing his arm up and down nervously.

Roman stepped back, staring into Noel's doe eyes. He began to leave, gently waving his hand as an indication that he needed to pass.

"I'm going to class. I'll make ramen for dinner. Here's some money, you can go and get groceries if you want to. If you need anything just text me."

Before Noel could tell Roman that he didn't have his number, the handsome boy was out the door. With a huff, Noel grabbed the fifty dollars off the counter. He had thought that the school would provide food for them but that was proven wrong quickly.

He gathered his phone and wallet, made a list of the items he needed to buy for a delicious caesar salad and its dressing, and made sure to not forget his keys.

He wrote down that he was leaving just in case Roman got back quicker than he did. With a final glance, he was out the door.