25

"He's my cousin, Theo, baby. That's why I'm having this party, it's his birthday."

---

Ethan knocked on Sky's door, crimson roses in his hand. He had run to the local flower store and picked out the most ethereal flowers in the store as a way to show how apologetic he was.

He cleared his throat and knocked again, this time calling out, "Sky? It's me. Can you open up? We really need to talk."

Sky, who was under the fluffiest blankets in the dorm with chocolate mint ice cream in his hand, peered out from his blanket. He then cuddled into it again, ignoring the older. "Baby, please?"

Sky's heart dropped at the pet name, his eyes wide, his cheeks and the tips of his ears bright red from the excitement. "N-NO!" He yelled, snarling at the door. "Go away!" He spoke in an unclear slur, though it only added onto his adorableness.

Ethan couldn't help but chuckle. "Are you sure? If you're not going to let me in, I'll just leave and never come back." Sky pouted, in deep thought.

He mentally made a list of the pros and cons of getting up and inviting him in.

First of all, his little legs would hate to get up from the comfortable position he was in.

Second of all, he was practically dressed in black booty shorts and a red hoodie, which was probably a very inappropriate outfit to wear around your boy best friend. Third of all, he was a little cupcake, but a bittersweet, proud cupcake who loved to boss people around.

Thus, he had made his final decision. He knew that despite what he was saying, Ethan would still come back later when his ice cream was finished and he was dressed in a more appropriate way. "I think I told you to go away," he yelled slightly, licking some ice cream off his spoon.

"If that's the case, then goodbye, Sky." Sky listened for movement, panicking when he didn't hear anything.

Shooting off the couch, he ran to the door, about to open it when it opened itself. Ethan stood on the other side, smirking at the state Sky was in, his keys in his hand.

"What? You just couldn't let me go, could you?" He looked Sky up and down, licking his lips hungrily. "I-I..."

Sky looked around the room to buy himself time to come up with an excuse as to why he was at the door, frantic to open it. "I was going to Noel's, yeah! To have a... uh... tea party?"

He looked at Ethan with a pleading look, knowing that he had dug himself into a deeper hole with such a lie.

"Noel? I thought you were angry at him?" Sky bit his lip. He was missing his best friend, but he had basically ruined his life just because of a petty fight. "I am! But he wanted to give me food at the party and I couldn't say no." "Makes sense. Now come sit. We need to discuss a few things."

...

Noel's bottom lip quivered at the embarrassing situation he put himself into. "I'm so sorry," he apologized profusely at Theo, who only smirked at his cousin's boyfriend.

"I really didn't know. I wouldn't have done this if I had known what was going on. It was just a big misunderstanding, I swear. I thought-"

He cut himself off, both Theo and Roman waiting for him to continue. "Would you elaborate, lovely? I really don't know what you thought was going on."

Roman leaned back against the bed and watched Noel blushed in humiliation. "I-I, nothing." Theo then spoke up, "But if you don't explain yourself, how will I forgive you without knowing your intentions? For all I know, you could've been here just to ruin my party."

He then proceeded to sniffle and bat his eyelashes, Roman agreeing to him. Noel bitterly stared at them, frowning. Theo really was Roman's cousin. He could tell just from their attitude similarities.

"The real question is, why didn't you invite me to his birthday?" He was speaking to Roman, his hands on his hips in a sassy manner.

"I was, but you wouldn't have come anyway. You were too busy gossiping with Sky." Noel grew quiet at the mention of him, fiddling with his shorts that revealed more than they should've. "I came back though. Nevermind."

Roman knew that something was wrong. When Noel tried to dismiss the topic and leave to go to the bathroom, he grabbed his waist and pulled him close, Theo watching with a grin and wide eyes.

"What's wrong?" He whispered, both hands on Noel's hips as he looked up at the troubled boy.

"I fought with Sky," Noel said with pouted lips, looking down at the floor. "Oh, poor baby boy," Roman cooed, letting go of his hips. "I'll leave, we can catch up later. Maybe we can hang out and have dinner?"

Theo suggested, eager to leave the boys alone and let them have their privacy. Roman nodded, thankful, "I'll pick you up at eight. Italian?" "Italian."

They nodded at each other, Theo giving the smaller boy a smile and leaving in a hurry, making sure to shut the door behind him.

Roman looked back at the dazed boy, smirking and patting his lap for him to crawl into. "Take a seat, baby."

Noel rolled his eyes and smacked his chest but still sat on his lap nonchalantly. "Tell me what happened." Noel rested his head on his chest, snuggling into his warmness.

"When I went to his room, we had a little fight over you. Sky told me to leave you and my fantasies about you behind because he thought that you were only playing with me. He told me that it made no sense for you and me to be together since I wasn't even your type. He also said to burn my diary before you used it as blackmail."

Roman's jaw was clenched by the end of Noel's words. "You do know that my feelings for you are true and valid, correct? I'm not playing you, Noel. I may be many things, but I'm not a player."

Noel gulped hesitantly but still nodded with a shy smile.

"I know."

"Continue."

Noel told him about how Sky had a secret about Ethan and how he blurted it out just as he came in. After finishing his story with another pout, Roman chuckled, petting his hair. "Babe, these are little friendship fights. Everyone has them."

"But you don't understand. This secret... It's something huge and meaningful to Sky. I ruined their relationship." Roman raised an eyebrow and pecked his cheek, holding him closer, "Or maybe you mended it and somehow brought them closer."