ch 14

Kelly's pov:
One part of me wanted to hug and kiss her but the other part was mad at her for leaving me this long. However I was glad that she was back even if can't have her , just seeing her might relief my heartache.
I nod and went to my office without saying anything further to avoid complicacy.

The next day

I decided to make conversation with her so as to clear things up between us.
I called her to my office.

" May I come in "

" Yes take a seat "

" What is it that you want to say ?"

" Dianna I know the things between us was not a professional but you shouldn't runoff missing for a month."

" What do you mean ? Didn't I send you an email that I will be gone for a month ? "

She looks serious and I was puzzled. Like what the hell.

" But I didn't recieved any email from your address."

The email that she sent was mistaken by a letter. Jeez if I had called her I wouldnt have suffered that much.

" Why did you take such a long leave? "
I asked felling quite disappointed.

" Christy was sick " she looks sad.

" Oh, I didn't know that , is she okay now?"
I was looking concern.

" she's .... She didn't make it"
Dianna was broke , I've never seen her that down.

" Iam really sorry Dianna . "

"All this time she was keeping secret from me , I knew only when her parents called me because she was dying and I thought she was gone for work."

Now she's totally soaking wet and dripping on the desk

" Last year my mom died from cancer now Christy , there is no one for me anymore ."

I quickly stood up and hug her , I too weep along with her.

" Oh Dianna thats not true iam here for you . "

She was hugging me more tighter and burstinng out her emotion.

We end up wetting our clothes from each others tears.

My stupidity led me to kiss her . I regret that action because she was pulling back and walking away. What did I do? Seriously here she was relaying her sadness and I was acting so stupid. The fact is I couldn't control myself from her having seperated for so long and hugging her the first mistake which triggers me to kiss her. Great now she totally hates me for taking advantage of her in her most vulnerable state. I slap myself three times on my face. I couldn't forgive myself being an awful person.

Next day-

She came a bit early and greet me. Like usual she handed me the coffee.

" Dianna iam really sorry about yesterday"
There I said it , the whole night I've been rehearsing how to aplogize but I couldn't say it properly.

" No it's really no deal , you shouldn't be apolozing."

" If it makes you happy , I did slap myself right after left."

She laugh at my reply. I was so happy to see the old Dianna back from the melancholy state.

" Why don't we take a day off and go somewhere ." I said to her. I really need to lighten her mood.

" I don't think that's really necessary. " She was implying to me that i don't need to be too concerned.

" Okay but if you need to take leave feel free to call me unlike emailing me."

" Will do " she chuckled. I was seriously trying hard to let her loose herself.

After a while she asked me something.

" Do you loose some weight?"

True I lost my appetite as a result of love sick. The last month I was not myself anymore , nobody knows about this.
For others they might be thinking it was because I was breaking up with my husband. In reality I was desperate for Dianna .

" Am I ? , didn't know that " I lied.

" Seriously are you well , I could see those dark circles around you eyes. Don't tell me you are suffering from another incurable disease." She looked deeply concerned.

" well you can say that but mine's kinda sick but it's treatable."

" What type of sickness is it ?" She was getting curious.

" It's love sick"

" What !"

" Dianna you have been away from me for a month and I thought you left me for good. You know I seriously love you "
There I said it without holding back.

" Kelly iam really sorry to cause you so much pain but--"
What ? no why did she said but. I hate the word but more than anything right now.

" I need time , please give me some time "
Wfew, I thought she got another girlfriend or something .

" You have all your time, just don't get another girlfriend in the meantime "

She laugh again. Iam really good with my humour.