Chapter Six: First Impressions Are Always Important

Yes, they are and if you are anything like me, they aren't exactly your strong suit. But if you are like Hipster Blues Brother than somehow, you are a natural at them. I say this because every time I think that this guy cannot piss me off anymore, he just goes and tops himself.

I would really love to know what kind of information was relayed to him by first, Adam and then by my parents when they spoke to him on the phone... because this guy is just too damn good. He must be a con artist or something!

I swear that he is my mortal enemy. A large part of me is feeling like I should have stabbed him with the pen when I had the chance. I might have gone to jail but even that would be so much better than the situation that is to come.

You're probably asking what could this guy have done to have me frothing at the mouth in anger this time? Well, like I said... First Impressions are always important!

We step off the plane and make our way down the crowded escalators looking for my parents. He has offered to carry both our suitcases... because apparently, I am far too weak to carry my own...

No, that's not the reason that I am mad at him. Frankly, I don't mind that part... In fact, I over-packed my luggage and I'm too irritable to lug it around. So, we're traveling down the escalator, looking for my parents. Part of me is really doubting that we will even see them.

You see, my parents are rich, I know that I mentioned that earlier... But they are the kind of rich people who would rather have their butler or their assistants meet me at the airport instead of actually show up in person.

No, don't pity me... I'm used to it. It's life, you move on.

But, what angers me is that somehow, this fake boyfriend of mine managed to get them to arrange to meet us at the airport. Why would they do that for him, when they have never even met him?

Yet, every time that I have requested for them to meet me, it has always been a meeting or a sudden overseas trip that has stood in the way.

See? That is why I would like to know what he discussed with them... Maybe they are now in on this plan too and everybody is set out to destroy my life. Yes, I know that I sound paranoid... But can you really blame me?

Regardless, we have made it to the bottom of the escalator and we are looking around the crowded airport.

"They're not going to be here," I scoff at Luis. Yes, I used his name. It felt weird for me too!

"Oh, yeah they will. I can assure you that they will. Your mother promised!"

I snigger under my breath. I'm actually excited for the moment when he is proven wrong. I hold back my temptation to argue and I shrug. He is looking around and for a brief second, I swear that I spot a bead of sweat on his brow.

It could either be the sheer weight of the heavy suitcases or a hint of nerves for his impending 'I-told-you-so' which I am preparing to deliver, complete with twenty-three acts, ten scene changes, and an encore.

Whichever it may be, he stops in the middle of the airport and tries to subtly wipe it away as he pushes a lock of his black hair behind his ear beside his ponytail. Amidst the crowd, we see a large pale blue sign with my name printed on it in large black writing.

Feeling as if he has suffered enough, I go to take my suitcase from him. Only for him to brush my hand away and smirk down at me.

"It's war, remember?" he tells me. I glare at him and he leaves abruptly lugging both the suitcases on either side of him and disappearing into the crowd of people. I resist the urge to grumble and I too follow after him.