Chapter Eight: Honesty is Always The Best Policy

Now, I know that I have said that already. But it's true... However, this whole fake dating plan, well, it's based on lies. And not just those little white lies we tell ourselves to make ourselves feel better, but big fat lies which only get bigger and bigger and just like our alcohol and stress explosion, are also set to blow up like large mushroom clouds.

Queue special explosion effects? No? Dammit! Well, you get the hint!

While we are on the talk of explosions, there will be more alcohol-stress fueled explosions coming up too... Because, you know... Karma's a bitch!

Where was I? Oh yes, lies... and how up until this point in my life I have always been a strong advocate for the truth... Even if the truth sucks!

Now, two major events happen in this chapter. There is one truth... and there is one lie!

So, why don't we make it fun... You guess which major event is the lie and which major event is the truth and I will tell you at the end of this chapter if you are correct. Okay, let's begin...

So, when I last left our sexy sassy heroine... myself, and that Hipster Blues Brother aka Luis... I'd like to say, Diaz? I'm pretty sure that's his last name... Oh, it is? Okay, good!

I had just spoken to Jaime on the phone. While Jaime may not know what he did wrong by getting my car removed from the impound lot, I should really explain why I was angry at him.

You see, in this world, nobody does anything for nothing. I have always believed that if someone does a favor for you... you owe them!

And if they say that you don't owe them... Then you most certainly do owe them! The last face-to-face encounter that I had with Jaime was when I was telling him that I am not ready for a relationship at this point in time...

So, him doing something so big as retrieving my car from the impound lot... that is a big favor!

You see, over time I have racked up a whole lot of parking tickets for parking in the wrong places in New York... It's not my fault, they should just make more parking spots! But still, it was just a matter of time before they took my car away.

Now, I don't know who that rockstar screwed or paid to get my vehicle out of car prison... but technically, he was putting his own job on the line, for someone he only had a one night stand with.

I stand by my verdict when I say, that he shouldn't have done it.

I can fight my own battles and I really don't need a relationship with a guy who wants to fix my battles... Real relationships, I mean... This thing with Hipster Blues Brother is strictly fake! Strictly...

Remember, that this is a plan to hold off the judgment that I receive from my parents, who expect Adam to all of a sudden, just stop being gay and marry me... Oh, if life was that simple!

Currently, Hipster Blues Brother, would you believe, is making himself at home in my parent's kitchen. He has a knack for doing that, while I have a knack for always doing the wrong thing no matter where I am... As you have seen.

Somehow the jerk has convinced my parents to let him pick the main course for tonight's anniversary dinner... And my parents, who seem to be taken in by his natural charisma, are letting him try out a recipe.

While I am sitting on the counter, out of the way, fiddling with my phone and messaging Adam all about that crime that Officer Rockstar committed with my car.

The current display that is going on in my parents' kitchen is like something that you would see in a movie. Luis is getting my parents to taste test some creamy mushroom sauce that he has made in their stainless steel cooking pot.