DAMAGED GOODS| 1

Disclaimer
•pictures will be used frequently•
If you can't handle self-pity don't read this book.

Aaliyah

Working late nights at my cupcake shop is the best. Since I'm the owner I'm allowed to take the leftovers home.

As I was counting the money in the cashier the front door opened. Mike came in with my daughter Hope in his hands.

"Mommy!" Hope yells wiggling in Mike's arms

"Hey pooh" I grin

"Wassup Ma" Mike nods

"Hi Mike"

Mike is a boy I met when I moved to California. He's like a little brother I never knew I wanted.

I finished counting and then placed the money in a safe in the back of the store before handing Mike a box of red velvet cupcakes.

"It's your favorite" I mumble taking Hope from him and kissing her cheek causing her to giggle

"Thanks, Liyah, do you need a ride home?"

"Nah I can walk it's not that far"

My car broke down two weeks ago. I'm not in any rush to get it fixed though.

"Mommy, can I have a cupcake too?" Hope questions

"No pooh, I don't want you eating sweets this late at night"

"Yes ma'am" she sighs nuzzling her face in my neck

"Bean" Mike calls out to Hope

She looked at him and smiled when he opened his box and gave her a cupcake. I groaned and sat her on the ground.

"Tanks uncle Mikey" she squeals

"I just said I didn't want her eating sweets Mike"

"You never let her eat sweets. Let the girl live a little"

I rolled my eyes I grabbed my phone, key, and handbag. Hope smiled at me and took Mike's hand in hers.

When we got outside I locked the shop doors and sat at one of the tables in front of the store. Hope released Mike's hand and sat beside me.

"Call me if you need anything" Mike says hugging me then kissing Hope's cheek "See you later Bean, call me off yo momma phone before you got to bed"

"Be safe!" I sigh knowing he's going to do hood shenanigans

"Always" he replies

"Bye Uncle Mikey!" Hope exclaims biting into her cupcake

Mike smiled at her and then jogged towards a black truck. Staring at the car I noticed someone was inside watching him with a phone to their ear.

Shoving my things into my bag I picked up Hope when she finished the last of her cupcake and started walking towards my apartment building a few streets down.

Hope talked my ear off halfway through the parking lot and down the street.

Bright lights came speeding towards me, startling both Hope and I.

Turing my body protecting Hope's the car crashed into my backside causing me to spring forward almost dropping my daughter.

"Mommy" I heard Hope's voice sounding far away

My vision became spotty before I blacked out.

*
*
*

Dave

I smoked my blunt while I waited on Mike, seeing him walk out of the cupcake shop with a fine ass female and a kid. Licking my lips I unlocked the door and started the car.

"My bad I had to check on my sister and drop my niece off" Mike says getting into the car

"Nigga you the only child" I scoff "but aye listen she fine as fuck, ima get her number watch"

Mike looked at me then out the window shaking his head.

"Liyah can't gon' give you the time nor day—oh shit" he gasps looking at a car swerve off the road l, hitting her and her kid

I sped towards the accident and got into the car. The little girl was screaming 'mommy'. Liyah released the girl and looked up at me with tears in her eyes.

Mike came running towards them with his phone to his ear.

"Fuck! Come here Bean" he shouts to the little girl

"Mommy! Wake up" the little girl cries shaking Liyah "Mommy please"

The person that hit them came out of the car perfectly fine. He looked at them and got back in his car before speeding away.

"Oh hell nah" Mike growls pulling out his gun ready to shoot the car down but stopped when he heard the little girl's voice.

"Why isn't she waking up?" She cries looking up at Mike

"She will" he told her putting his gun away and picking up her up

"Did you call the cops?" I ask

"Yeah you better go before they get here"

Mike moved to check Liyah's pulse then sighed. He sat beside her with the little girl on his lap and waited for the ambulance to come.

Jogging back to my car I got a text from one of the biggest hoes in Cali.

Makayla: wya baby? I heard you back in my state.

I chuckled to myself then sped off towards my hotel. I don't have time for Makayla, that hoe has chlamydia.

🥀•DAMAGED•🥀GOODS•🥀