DAMAGED GOODS| 37

Aaliyah

The surgery went well but Hope doesn't seem to remember Kairi or Dave.

"I'm hungry" Hope says rubbing her eyes. We just got back in her room, sitting on her bed I looked around for Dave and Kairi but they weren't here.

"Me too" as we sat on her bed I couldn't get my mind off what Hope said about my mom.

I shook my head taking the remote from Hope turning on the news.

"Two teen committed suicide earlier this morning by the names of Jaden Woodlen and Demarcus Freeman. The parents say both of these children were led to this because of bullying." the news reporter says

My heart goes numb and my ears tone out the tv. Demarcus Freeman why does that name ring a bell? I'm so tired of this, hearing about kids committing suicide.

They need someone who can stand up for them since it's obvious they can't don't it themselves.

'Be the voice for those who are voiceless'

I'm ripped from my thoughts when Hope pull the back of my shirt hiding behind me.

I look up and seen Dave holding Kairi staring at us confused.

"Mommy?" Hope whispers staring at Dave

"Where did you go?" I ask

"The restaurant down the road" he said "what's wrong with Hope?"

"She um" I paused "she doesn't remember anything after us being hit by a car"

Instead of responding he just stares at us then takes a seat farthest from the bed.

Kairi looks at him then us a few times furrowing her eyebrows.

"What's wrong?" She asks. I swear she reminds me of Nemo, she's always lost.

Dave whispered something to her, she nodded taking his phone waving at Hope.

"Hi" she waves back

Someone tapped on the door followed by soft cries, I frown slightly telling them to come in.

Tony and another old patient, Quan came in with tears streaming down their faces.

"Hey, whats wrong?" I asked standing up hugging them.

"Dee" Quan whispered hugging me tightly.

I rubbed his back trying to remember 'Dee'

"Who?" I asked

"The tall dark skin boy that used to come here with me when I had to have surgery on my arm and legs"

That's when it hit me, Demarcus Freeman.

"I'm sorry" I whispered not knowing what to say. Tony stayed quiet looking down at his shoes. "Tony?"

He glanced at me then back to his shoes. I let Quan go and gave Tony my full attention. Taking his hands in mine I pulled him to the bed.

"I can't help you if you don't tell me anything" I sighed rubbing my thumbs over his hands.

"This is my third friend that decided to take their life. I feel like shit for not knowing anything and not seeing the signs for help"

I spent the next two hours talking to him about different things trying to get his mind off Demarcus.

After they left, I tried to get Hope to talk to Kairi.

Kairi's been trying to lay with her and watch cartoons but Hope wouldn't let her.

"Hope, be nice" I sighed sitting on Dave's lap.

His eyes were closed, lips slightly apart as he snored softly. I smiled tiredly, resting my head on his chest.

Dave slouched down in the seat, and tightening his hold on me.

"Wassup baby" his deep raspy voice penetrated my ears

"Hey Boo, I didn't mean to wake you" I kissed his neck inhaling his cologne

"It's alright, I have to tell you something" I sat up staring him in the face. He stared back then cleared his throat. "my manger won't let me cancel my show, so I pushed it back a few hours. And because I did that I also have a do a meet and greet."

I looked away then back at him blinking. I was staring for too long, my eyes felt dry.

"When will you be leaving? Is Kairi going with you?" I asked glancing at her and Hope.

They didn't look like they were fighting, so that's good.

"I don't know, my mom was supposed to keep her but she left" Dave sighed rolling his eyes

"She could stay with me, I mean her and Hope seem to be getting along."

"Mmhm" he hummed closing his eyes, leaning his head back

"I'll leave you alone so you can sleep" I said pealing his arms from around me

"Ma, stop" Dave groaned, squeezing tightly

"You stop, tryna make me shit myself?" I asked

His chest bounced as he laughed at me loosening his arms a bit. My hands ran across his shirt until I found his left nipple.

I grabbed it squeezing and pulling it causing his laugher to turn into a painful hiss.

"Why did you stop laughing? It's not funny anymore?" I asked letting go

"You playing to fucking much, you don't see me doing that shit to you. So don't do it to me" he mumbled glaring at me

"I do what I want"

He nodded pushing me off his lap crossing his arms. I laughed standing in front of him tilting my head.

"What girl?" Dave asked annoyed

"You look mean as fuck" I chuckled

"It's because I am"

"Sure you are" I nod trying to sit on his lap again but he stopped me by pushing my thighs backwards standing up. "Bitch"

"Hoe" he shrugged about to walk away. I ran up and jumped on him causing him to fall backwards into the couch. He gripped my waist laying on his back staring at me like I grown another head. "Damn Liyah"

"Give a kiss" I mumble puckering my lips leaning towards his. Dave stared at them then back at my eyes.

"No"

"Dave!" I squirmed around in his arms pouting. He laughed getting ahold of my butt. "Kiss me!"

"Alright calm down" he lifted my chin, giving me a long passionate kiss. I smiled pushing myself upwards so my face was closer to his.

Minutes later our breathing got heavy and our kiss got sloppy. Dave sucked on my bottom lip, someone knocked on the door. Seconds later it open.

"Mm" I tapped Dave's arm trying to get up but he wouldn't let me. "Mm!"

He groaned pulling back then opening his arms.

Wiping my mouth I stood up coming face to face with an angry Mike.

"Hi" I waved nervously. Mike acts like he's the oldest out of the two of us. I can't do shit with him around.

"I oughta beat yo ass, kissing nig-" Mike started

"Shut up Mike, ain't nobody scared of you" Dave laughed

"Watch yo self"

"Aren't y'all friends? Y'all argue more than I do with Riyah" I questioned

"Yeah that's my bro but keep yo lips off him"

"Or what?" I squinted

"Keep it up" he nods dumping into me going over to Hope.

Mike gave her a hug then started asking her questions.

🥀•DAMAGED•🥀GOODS•🥀